Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Orca Camp

We went on the glamping tour with Wildcoast in mid September. The trip is well run and our guides... read more

Reviewed October 7, 2018
catherinedO4123AP
Amazing Desolation Sound Kayaking Experience!

The Desolation Sound is such a beautiful area to kayak, and the experience we had with Wildcoast... read more

Reviewed October 1, 2018
elemke59
Summerland, Canada

All reviews orca camp hot shower sea lions gowlland harbour resort desolation sound early morning eggs benedict kayak trip an amazing experience few days gourmet food saw orcas jumping salmon quadra island killer whales great adventure wild coast
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Wildcoast Adventure’s Orca Camp is an experience that will stay with you forever. First and foremost thank you the Staff to make this a trip of a life time. You have made my stay special in many ways. The moment I set foot on the beach at Orca Camp I was in haven. The view of the water, the mountain behind you and across Johnstone Strait is just amazing. The call that makes your head spin and camera shutters run hot “Orca” came right after Dinner on my first day. At first you can’t see them, but know you certainly can hear them. Oh yes you will. The blow of air sounds and echoes in the Strait. And there it is a Dorsal fin effortless cutting through the water, again and again. Then there is another one, and another.
To see these gorgeous creatures out in the wild in eye level from a Kayak is short of a wonder, even when they are yards away still amazing. If you are lucky they may be under you Kayak, just imagine. There are also Dolphins, Proposes, Sea-Loins and Humpbacks. Not to forget the endless jumping of Salmon in the Strait.
Camp itself is well laid out and organized. The food served, and trust me there is always plenty, was excellent. The coffee and tea was just delicious. The Staff is always attentive and there if you need them, no questions asked. I recommend Wildcoast Adventure, especially Orca Camp to anyone who wants to be with Nature. You will be! I certainly have many more trips to Orca Camp on my Bucket List. Don’t think it will ever be full.

Thanks

Helmut

3  Thank Helmut B
Reviewed October 16, 2013

My five day Kayak trip around the Octopus Islands was the trip of a lifetime! Each day started out waking to delicious breakfast and coffee prepared by our guide, then we would pack up camp and head out on the water. There are so many beautiful sights to be seen in these parts - gorgeous coasts and mountains, seals and proposes, and dozens of sea stars, jelly fish and small tidal creatures lining islands. Our cohort also had the opportunity to go on several hikes and swim in some of Quadra's most remote lakes, where we collected fresh drinking water for boiling and making coffee and tea. One thing I really appreciated was the intense respect Wildcoast has for preserving the natural world, we would leave each camp sight the same, if not better, than when we found it making sure not to disrupt the integrity of the natural space. Our guide also had a plethora of knowledge of the areas landscapes, plants, and wild life which he was happy to impart. I can seriously recommend this company to anyone who enjoys being immersed in nature and leaving city life completely behind! Thank you Wildcoast for a week I will never forget :)

1  Thank Chloe C
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Kayaking in BC has been on the top of my bucket list for a long time, and I couldn't have picked a better group to do it with than Wildcoast.

The camp was spectacular, right next to the Michael Biggs Ecological Reserve - lots of opportunities to see the Orcas.
The cots were comfortable - way better than sleeping on the ground. Sleeping bag and a small camp pillow included, bring your own pillow if you are a light sleeper! Bathroom area was clean and well-cared for, as well as private. We didnt have an issue with the smell or cleanliness at all! Dining area was a great place to hang out, nice wood fire at night to keep us warm. Food was excellent, nice hot shower on the beach. The sauna and polar dip was a cool experience.
Our guides, Justin and Haley were amazing! Very knowledgable and extremely fun to hang out with.

We were extremely excited to see the orcas every day. We were also lucky enough to see dall's porpoise, white-sided dolphins, sea lions, bald eagles, and many of the cool ocean critters like jellies and sea stars.

We were 110% satisfied with everything about Orca Camp. Thanks again to Val, Damon, Justin and Haley for our lifechanging experience! Orca Camp was the perfect place to take in the worlds beauty and getaway for a little while. We will be back! ♥

2  Thank Karli E
Reviewed August 25, 2013

it was an outstanding trip, guides make or break kayak trips like this and our guides Justin and Haley were fantastic. The company has great customer service that starts with Valarie in their office and extends all through company. only two complaints they tell you they provide pillows BRING YOUR OWN they are tiny and frankly worthless and the bathroom smells and I mean it is up high and you can smell from the beach and it had flies.....other than that the camp is great and the food quite good. stay at Gowlland Harbor Resort and book with Wild Coast and you will have a great time

1  Thank airportcarrie n
Hydrovalouria, Manager at Wildcoast Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Hi airportcarrie n! Thanks for the review! I’m glad that you had a fantastic time, and Justin and Haley took good care of you :D I’m happy you enjoyed all the upgrades of Orca Camp, but sorry to hear the issues with the outdoor privy. We've made some immediate changes that ensure the air remains fresh! We'll also take into account your pillow comment and have extra available at camp for guests to double up, in addition to considering some future options for guests.

We strive to provide a top-notch experience so addressing your comments is a top priority. Thank you for your feedback, as it has resulted in fine-tuning the experience for our future guests! We're happy you had an incredible experience!

Warm regards, Wildcoast

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Our group had a wonderfully terrific adventure exploring the " Discovery Islands". Our guide, Justin, was absolutely terrific and very knowledgeable about the local flora and fauna. The meals were interesting, filling and very flavorful. The sleeping bags and tents all provided were top notch. First time kayaking but it was absolutely no trouble and length of day was expertly tailored to the group's fitness level. The phosphorescence at Freedom Point was a tremendous highlight. We enjoyed beach fires, great new friendships, clear skies with stars and meteorites. I highly recommend this company and this trip. Hard to imagine how it could be better!