“Amazing experience”

Wildcoast Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing quality guided kayak tours from Quadra Island, BC. Join our comfortable Orca Base Camp tour in Johnstone Strait, next to Robson Bight Michael Biggs Ecological Reserve. Kayak in waters where Killer Whales play! Spacious Safari tents & cots, close enough to hear the blows of the Orca! Or experience the un-ending channels and wilderness of Desolation Sound, the Discovery Islands, or the Coastal Inlets on an expedition! Rentals and day tours also available daily at our location
Reviewed August 27, 2018

We were so lucky and saw a large pod really close up from within the kelp line where the orcas chose to travel past us. The guides did the very best. The food was awesome, and the hot tub and sauna were much appreciated. The haze and mist meant we didn't get the views, but that wasn't within anyone's control. The only suggestion I would have is that as the first and last days contain quite a bit of prep and travel, that the days actually on camp should be extended from two to three. I know that might mean going the same way twice -but I don't think anyone would mind that, or just include a hike day? Highly recommend this activity for teen families.

All reviews
"bug spray"
"milky way"
"take care"

Reviewed August 26, 2018

We had a fantastic week kayaking, eating, enjoying the scenery and company. I can highly recommend this trip and we are already thinking about our next one. Really well organised, and don't get me started on the food: first class! Superb job everybody!

Reviewed August 18, 2018

Fantastic place with amazing people, wonderful service. I realized my dream of seeing killer whales by my side.All done with great affection and dedication by the guides.All done with great affection and dedication by the guides.Two or more kayak trips per day. (sunrise and sunset).It does not require experience.Interesting and clean bathroom.Comfortable cabins. Very cool place.Bring batteries for cameras, cold clothes, kayak gloves, quick dry clothes, water shoes, sunscreen and cap. And bring lots of love and good humor to this amazing place.Many killer whales, whales and wildlife.

Valerie G, Manager at Wildcoast Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2018

Isabela I'm so glad your dream came true!

I know that this was a highly anticipated trip, so I'm glad that you enjoyed your entire experience! Wildcoast is fortunate to have a team of guides that love what they do, and enjoy sharing their passion for the area and wildlife with guests.

Thank you for the great reminders to pack warm clothes for cool weather - even when it seems like weather is hot and sunny. Wildcoast Orca Camp is in a unique location with coastal breezes and temperate rain forest climate, making it much cooler than our not-so-far-away launch site.

Hopefully we will meet again!

Warm regards,
Valerie, on behalf of the Wildcoast team

Reviewed August 8, 2018

"Escape, Explore, Discover" - Wildcoast lives up to its tagline - and THEN some! We spent three days with Wildcoast (the "Weekender"), and only wished we had more time to explore. Our guide was knowledgeable, passionate about the area, and worked tirelessly to ensure that our experience was a good one. All equipment was top notch, and being able to merely "show up" (no planning, no pulling together of gear, no FOOD PREP!!) was such a gift. This is a world-class operation that is committed to sharing and preserving this pristine coastal environment, and we valued the education and information received. We saw incredible wildlife, including humpbacks breaching from our kayaks, and "humpies" feeding alongside the campsite (10 feet from shore). Gobsmacking. We ate like royalty, and found the paddling perfectly suited to our ability. The scenery is truly second to none. We will talk about this trip for years to come, and will recommend it to anyone who will listen! A must for those who can't get enough time outdoors, and want to be active while on holiday. Thanks for celebrating our 25th with us, Damon!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 5, 2018

My husband and I recently completed the 6-day Discovery Islands expedition-style trip. Besides being the only two on the trip (an amazing exception), the tour exceeded our expectations in many other ways. Besides great weather and scenery, much of its success boiled down to the company of our guide Chris, who picked us up at the Quadra Island ferry terminal and thereafter made sure we had a comfortable, safe and relaxing time. We are beginner/novice kayakers, and our mindset for the trip was to enjoy the ride, rather than reach milestones, but we wanted to improve our paddling skills if possible, so we appreciated it when Chris took time to explain what we were doing, like how to approach a windy crossing. As others have mentioned, your guide may not be a longtime local, but I learned how that can work in your favour¬ - Chris shared a fresh enthusiasm for discovery, and his sense of adventure was infectious. His charm and professionalism were constants throughout the trip and he won extra points for indulging my husband’s need to photograph every. single. animal. that we encountered on our path. We were well-fed; all my whale-spotting seemed to coincide with having something delicious within reach (grilled chicken with pesto mashed potatoes, charcuterie board, fresh coffee)! The highlight of our trip was discovering a rumored, “hidden” campsite that allowed for 360-degree views of the ocean, a sunset paddle, magical stargazing, and waking up to the sound of whales. The flexibility of this trip format suited us well, and Wildcoast provided quality equipment for a comfortable (absolutely no smelly gear!) yet authentic wilderness experience. My one suggestion for improvement: strike “neoprene water shoes” from the packing list entirely for this trip format and bring abrasion-resistant water shoes/sandals with a sturdy sole instead. I really should have known better that rocks and tender city feet don’t go together. We felt relaxed, cleansed, made a new friend, and would jump at the chance to do it again. Go!