Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Beautiful B.C. from kayak and tents

The Wild Coast 5 day kayaking trip to Desolation Sound was fantastic. Trip leaders Nolan and... read more

Reviewed September 20, 2021
hikingkayaker
Desolation Sound Glorious to behold

Gorgeous first kayaking and tenting experience. I’m 45 yrs old and the staff correctly convinced me... read more

Reviewed September 16, 2021
sprocket5678

All reviews orca camp sleeping bags hot shower desolation sound saw orcas wild coast kayak trip amazing food jumping salmon discovery island next morning top notch british columbia beautiful scenery warm clothes well taken care just in case
Selected filters
Reviewed June 24, 2019

This was our second guided kayak trip with Wildcoast and it won't be our last. The guides, the food, the location were all top 10+. Last summer we did Orca Camp where the accommodations and location were amazing but the kayaking routes/scenery were limited BUT this summer we did the Discovery Islands Wilderness Trip and we LOVED it. Each tenting location was 'wow' and every kayaking day was a new experience. Our guides were very professional and looked to provide to our needs at every moment. They went above and beyond to assure we had an amazing experience!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed May 28, 2019

Although ultimitely I was unable to take the trip due to change in our plans, I would like to commend Valarie at Wildcoast Adventures on her supberb customer helpfulness and service. I could see that this is a legit and well run company. I would have no hesitation in reccommending them just from the excellant communication and help I received. I hope to revist them when I can make the trip. I was throughly impressed

Date of experience: May 2019
1  Thank Debbie D
Reviewed March 28, 2019

Wildcoast provided a fantastic experience for my wife and I. Killer Whales came 10 feet off the beach one hour after arrival at camp. We did a night kayak which was super cool. Our guide Bender was fantastic and even on a rainy day got us out on the water. It was a full moon weekend and the tides were incredible along with jumping in and out of the sauna and into the creek. The five star glamping facilities and delicious meals made it a trip to remember. I highly recommend it to anybody looking for adventure.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed February 10, 2019

I booked and paid for the seven day bears and whales tour four months in advance. There wasn’t much communication in the lead up to the tour, so I assumed everything was on track. But when I arrived for my bear tour, I was told they had forgot to book me a place and that I would have to do a whale tour instead. Luckily a gentleman from another tour pulled out of his tour and one place for me became available, amd I ended up seeing 23 grizzly bears through the eagle eye company at Bute Inlet. A box of handmade chocolates was given as an apology but it is an inexcusable oversight to not have booked me a place in the first place. We never saw orcas on the three day camp in mid September, which was disappointing but such is nature. It was a beautiful part of the world and we were able to see other wildlife under the water and along the shores such as black bears and dolphins. The guides were pleasant and helpful if you are not a strong kayaker. The camp was comfortable enough and the meals generous.

Date of experience: September 2018
1  Thank NatashaD1751
Hydrovalouria, Manager at Wildcoast Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2019

Hi Natasha!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with future travelers.

We are so sorry for the ordeal you experienced the morning of your bear trip. This was your holiday, and we take responsibility for the execution of the package you booked, especially when you had booked so far in advance.

We had booked your Grizzly tour in February when we received your booking. Unfortunately, your ordeal the morning of your tour resulted from a breakdown in the communication at the resort in passing on the correct location for your morning pick up. As a result, the tour provider we booked you with considered you a no-show. We were grateful that when we were notified of the mix-up, despite the early hour, we were able to get you onto the tour with Eagle Eye who had an unexpected opening that morning. In addition, this tour provider went the extra mile for us by rerouting their boat in order to pick you up at your resort, and provide a fabulous adventure!

Wildcoast creates and provides these packages to bundle our adventure with other quality vendors to provide a service that aligns with our own commitment to excellence. Once we found out about the communication breakdown we immediately followed up with the resort's staff to ensure this would not happen to other guests.

Regarding the amount of notifications, we are careful how many we send to guests after they book as we understand that having to deal with too many emails can be unwelcome, particularly if the most important info you need when traveling is buried in numerous emails.

Having had such good luck with the grizzly sightings, we would love to have you back to "re-do" the Orca Camp experience and try again to see orca from our beautiful wild location. I have emailed you directly, and hope we get the opportunity to see you again!

Warm regards,
Valerie Stapinsky
Manager - Wildcoast Adventures

Reviewed October 7, 2018

We went on the glamping tour with Wildcoast in mid September. The trip is well run and our guides Shay, Chris and Brandi could not have done more to make the trip successful. They work so hard to ensure that you have a good time. The camp is really comfortable and it was such a bonus to be able to have a hot shower. We had not done much kayaking beforehand but found the amount of time we spent on the water to be just right. The highlight of the trip had to be the sunrise paddle on our final day. The sky was incredible and it was just so peaceful. We did not see any whales whilst we were kayaking but a humpback whale did turn up just as we were boarding the boat to leave! Whilst we were disappointed not to see any whales the whole experience of camping in the wilderness was fantastic and is something that I will never forget. I would certainly recommend Wildcoast and would be more than happy to do another trip.

Date of experience: September 2018
Valerie G, Manager at Wildcoast Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Hi Catherine D!

Thank you for taking the time to share with future guests about your adventure with Wildcoast!

Sunrise paddles are pretty magic at Orca Camp - we're glad you took the opportunity to do so.

Guest experience is our number one priority, so I'm pleased that your rating was reflective of the great efforts our guides put forward to enhance your adventure, as well as the special amenities we provide at camp. We too, are disappointed you were on one of the few trips that the orca remained elusive on, and we are grateful for your investment in a holiday that acknowledges and respects the nature in which we seek to "view" the wildlife in our region.

We hope that you will join us again for another opportunity!

Wildcoast Adventures