Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Beautiful B.C. from kayak and tents

The Wild Coast 5 day kayaking trip to Desolation Sound was fantastic. Trip leaders Nolan and... read more

Reviewed September 20, 2021
hikingkayaker
Desolation Sound Glorious to behold

Gorgeous first kayaking and tenting experience. I’m 45 yrs old and the staff correctly convinced me... read more

Reviewed September 16, 2021
sprocket5678

All reviews orca camp sleeping bags hot shower desolation sound saw orcas wild coast kayak trip amazing food jumping salmon discovery island next morning top notch british columbia beautiful scenery warm clothes well taken care just in case
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2019

While there are no promises, you're going to see something amazing every day during your stay at Orca Camp with Wildcoast. From the breathtaking coastal mountain scenery to marine life big and small, our glamping excursion was something to be remembered. In addition to the breathtaking surroundings, the camp staff go above and beyond to make your stay comfortable and enjoyable - hot tub anyone?! And let's not forget the food, Survivor this is not! Served family-style, every meal is well thought out and caters to whatever your dietary needs might be. I'd recommend Wildcoast to anyone interested in an outdoor adventure that offers enough creature comforts to keep your 40+ year old self looking forward to each day.

Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

We signed up for a full day kayak trip, we ended up with some bonus time. Nolan was our guide for a group of six of us. He took us out and was a great guide, answering everyone’s questions and showing us around while talking about the area. My only complaint might be the lunch we had, a little light as we needed to replenish some of our energy.

Reviewed August 21, 2019

We booked this trip for an 'experience of a life time' as we joked with the guides and were not disappointed - this was a breath taking trip and one I will never, ever forget.

Our 3 guides; Chris Nuka and Lawrence were outstandingly good hosts, guides and nature experts - they could not have made us feel more welcome or looked after. Within a couple of hours Lawrence new everyone's names!

The guides established we were there to see wildlife and gave us every opportunity to do so - pausing on kayak trips to look at bears, eagles fishing, orcas and even a humped back whale. The real plus was that they seemed just as ecstatic to see it all as we were - even though they had seen it all before - sighting whale fins never gets old.

I am a nervous kayaker plus had my daughters with me - so had read many reviews before to see if it would be safe. The guides were exceptionally sharp and safety conscious without being overt about it and I had nothing to worry about.

The camp was comfortable and very well equipped - we had a 2 person tent for us and our teenage daughters had a 4 person bunk bed tent to themselves. The 'loo with a view' was alfresco yet private, and not nearly as bad as other camping facilities I have encountered before! The dining tent was warm and well stocked with snacks and tea, coffee and hot chocolate. As for wild catering - I genuinely did not eat so well in any restaurant through out the rest of our Canadian holiday - the food was simple, well cooked and fantastic.

We had a group of 14 of us - we were the only family, but it did not seem to matter - the group atmosphere was welcoming and inclusive - we may have got very lucky - but I think the interaction of the guides really brings people together. My daughters really liked spending time with the other members of the group without us.

The only negative I would say is that I did feel the guides worked too hard - they started their day at 5.30 to take early trips and cook breakfast and were all still working at 10 at night - this did make me a little uncomfortable and I would have paid more to avoid this - a camp host for example would be a good addition - plus the wild coast team could have given the guides proper frame tents rather than the little crawl space tents they were given.

Advice for things to take;

It is OK to take some alcohol! - We didn't as weren't sure of the etiquette - but a glass or 2 of wine at the end of the day would have been great, and most guests did take some

Flip flops for showers, sauna and hot tub - I took trainers as camp shoes but wish I had these too.

Quick dry towel - it is on the pack list - I didn't take it - my towel was soaked for 3 days .... nothing dries in the rain forest!

Money - you will want to tip the guides at the end - there is a guide on the packing list as to how much - which seemed very high from the outside but when we were there our tip felt too low for all they had done for us.

Waterproof camera - we took a go pro - which was too slow to set up to take photos when we saw whales - you need something quick to grab and ready to snap.

Reviewed August 18, 2019

Wildcoast is an outstanding company, from Val and Damon back at Q Cove to the team that takes you out and attends to your every need. My only regret was not having more tip money in my wallet for the crew at camp.

Don't hesitate to book with this outfit!

Reviewed August 16, 2019

My friend and I just came back from the Discovery Island trip. We first arrived at the lodge for a one night stay, the accommodation, location and food was great. We departed in the morning with our group of 10 with Emily and Nolan as our guides. The whole experience was exceptional. We had amazing weather, camping on 4 different islands with incredible food and service. The guides were so fun, accommodating and knowledgeable giving us a first class experience. We saw lots of humpback, sea lions and eagles. Couldn’t have ask for a better group, we had a blast. I would highly recommend this trip it as truly outstanding.