Open today: 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Beautiful B.C. from kayak and tents

The Wild Coast 5 day kayaking trip to Desolation Sound was fantastic. Trip leaders Nolan and... read more

Reviewed September 20, 2021
hikingkayaker
Desolation Sound Glorious to behold

Gorgeous first kayaking and tenting experience. I’m 45 yrs old and the staff correctly convinced me... read more

Reviewed September 16, 2021
sprocket5678

All reviews orca camp sleeping bags hot shower desolation sound saw orcas wild coast kayak trip amazing food jumping salmon discovery island next morning top notch british columbia beautiful scenery warm clothes well taken care just in case
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2020

An unbelievable West Coast Adventure. Truly experience the nature and beauty of what this area of the world has to offer. Wildcoast didn't just put together a kayaking trip for us; they knitted together a complete package of wildlife experiences including a whale watching tour onboard a Zodiac, swimming, hiking, and camping! Always playing true and staying environmentally conscious of their surroundings. Felt incredibly comfortable and catered to in every way. Great way to spend my husband's birthday; surrounded by some five-star friends as well! After this 4 Day Whales & Wildlife package; it is definitely in our plans to return and experience Orca Camp.

Date of experience: July 2020
Reviewed November 23, 2019

We did the Discovery Islands Expedition (6 days/5 nights).
We had a great time kayaking, and the hike to and swim in the freshwater lake was refreshing and well timed (after we we all sweaty from a long-ish paddle.
The food was great, especially considering it was all brought along in the Kayaks.
There was a night kayak to see the phosphorescence that my wife went on (I took the opportunity to lie on my back and see the Milky Way and satellites).
There were whales, and I particularly remember the one that turned on its side to raise its flipper in the air and the sound of them landing after leaping out of the water.
The only less than ideal part was the bathroom on the beach, but I'm not sure that anything can be done about that, and it wasn't so bad.
It only rained a bit, and I'm not sure how nice it would be if it rained more. The kayaking would surely be OK, but the camping might be less nice.
We intend to go on a trip with these guys again.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Glenn S
Reviewed October 12, 2019 via mobile

Thank you to Wildcoast for an incredible experience. Everything was more than I could have hoped for - the communication around booking and getting to Orca camp, the guides, the food, the accommodation - it was all fantastic. Seeing the orcas swim by us from our kayaks was nothing short of magical. I truly hope to be back and experience this again.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank Rene C
Reviewed September 23, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I went on the four days orca camp trip and it was splendid! The camp is at a beautiful location, has all the nice things you need (hot shower, nice beds, cozy sleeping bags, hot tub and more) without loosing the camp site feeling which makes this adventure a wild one. The guides are super duper, the food is yummy and the kayaking in this area is outstanding. I could write a lengthy praise about everything these guys do right but just take my word for it and go book your tour! This camp was so good I just signed up at TripAdvisor only to write this review. Keep it going guys!

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank JohnnyGiese
Reviewed September 23, 2019

I was very fortunate to experience the Desolation Sound with Wildcoast Adventures as one of six solo women and two fantastic guides. Everything from kayaks to tents, sleeping bags and mats, excellent food and expertise were included in the package price. As I travelled from the UK not having to lug camping equipment was a big draw. Bender and Chris were able to get us loaded and on the water and paddling at a level which suited our abilities and no one ever felt under pressure to do something beyond their skill. Wildcoast Adventures provided the set up and Mother Nature delivered the rest - sunshine every day, very little wind, stunning scenery, mountains, the Milky Way, clear water, seals, humpbacks and then Orcas which came and circled the island we were camped on. My 5 fellow paddlers were great fun. I highly recommend this trip

Date of experience: September 2019