All reviews total comfort salt and pepper shakers hot tub mamie rob coast suite breakfast patio bbq summer ferry woods island
Reviewed July 9, 2018

We stayed in the West Coast Suite for three nights in late June. Total comfort. Stunning views. Mamie was wonderful. She picked us up at the ferry and got us to the supermarket in the Driftwood Centre. The bed was super comfortable, but it was the peace and the incredible view that really stood out. We will be going back.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2018

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in September of 2017 with our two dogs. This was by far the best B & B we stayed at during our 2 week Gulf Island Tour. Beautiful accommodations, gorgeous view and the best king sized bed ever! Although I am an early riser, I had serious trouble getting out of this bed...but knowing a delicious breakfast was on it's way encouraged me to get up.

The attention to detail (like the cute little salt and pepper shakers on our breakfast trays) and the delicious breakfasts made our stay very enjoyable. We really wished we could have stayed a few nights longer. We will be trying to book a couple nights there this summer!

If you are travelling with your fur babies, expect to find an assortment of treats and doggie paraphernalia upon arrival (make sure you let them know about your pet(s)before hand).

A big thanks to Mamie and Rob for their excellent service.

Room Tip: West Coast Suite is roomy and has an excellent view of the sound
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2018 via mobile

Spectacular Super confortable room. The sheets are the best I ve ever felt
Everything of high quality. There is everything you may leed, including a barbacue.
Awesome outdoor Yacuzzi
Great view front the rooms
Nice people
Highly recomended. The island is incredible
I Lord all about it

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2018

I stayed here with my boyfriend for two nights and we enjoyed the view and the room was nice, however the hot tub had a slimy film on the inside . I brought it to the owners attention but she brushed off the concern saying she cleaned it not that long ago . The owner came down later in the evening and confirmed yes it was in need of a clean but it was too late by this point to do anything about it. It would have been nice to have that sorted as that was a main reason I booked the room.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2017

We stayed at the Salmonberry Inn in the West Coast Suite for eight nights at the beginning of August 2017. Our hosts, Mamie and Rob, are extremely gracious, efficient, and friendly. Mamie cooked nutritious, delicious breakfasts for us each morning which were brought to our room by either Rob or Mamie. Breakfast always included a fun set of salt and pepper shakers which changed every day for our entire stay. Each day when we came back from exploring Mamie had been in and cleaned and straightened up our room. I must say she is definitely a perfectionist! There are little notes everywhere for the guests so most questions you may have are answered. Mamie and Rob are happy to answer questions but also very much respect their guests’ privacy. We explored every nook and cranny of both South and North Pender Islands (the Penders) and found that the location of the Salmonberry Inn was quite central and convenient for exploring. The rooms are only three years old, in excellent condition, are very well equipped and are very tastefully decorated. There are robes and acrylic wine glasses for the hot tub, and the kitchen contains a toaster oven, microwave and a fridge with a freezer section. There is a BBQ on the patio. No detail has been overlooked. We hope to eventually visit all of the Gulf Islands so not sure if we will ever make it back to Pender Island but if we do one thing is for certain … we will be staying at the Salmonberry Inn again. The photos I am attaching are in no particular order ... I have photos of eight breakfasts but I'm sure Mamie would like to leave something to surprise!

The West Coast Suite is extremely spacious … I believe it is the largest room and it has vaulted ceilings which makes it feel even more spacious. The balcony is very private, I feel more so than the patios for the rooms below. It’s entrance can be accessed directly from the parking area which would be very handy for anybody who is somewhat mobility impaired.

A few tips when visiting Pender Island: I would highly recommend Coffee & Kitchen at WOODS on Pender for lunch or dinner. The prices are reasonable and they use only very fresh, organic ingredients, some of which come the greenhouse that is located directly beside their patio. As for sightseeing/exploring, Swanson's View is an absolute must. We happened upon it by accident. Just a very short walk and you arrive at a comfortable bench with an incredible view of the ocean. A nice place for whale watching. Also if you visit Medicine Beach be sure to do the short little hike up the hill as you will find a wonderful bench and view.

The residents on Pender Island very much welcome tourists and enjoy sharing their piece of paradise, which made our stay all the more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple