“Very pleasant and comfortable”

Seascape Waterfront Resort
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Quadra Island
Canada
“Very pleasant and comfortable”
Reviewed 12 August 2010

We came to Seascape to do some kayaking and sightseeing on Quadra Island. We found it fairly simple but very comfortable, nice location & great views from our studio room on to the water and dock. The staff were friendly and helpful. Some details: plenty of hot water, well lit rooms, clean, very comfortable bed, all equipment and appliances worked fine, nothing broken, bug screens all intact (though actually very few bugs anyway), good parking. There was wifi on site, but it didn't reach as far as our room, so we had to walk up to the office - not a problem. We certainly look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Netherlands
Reviewed 18 July 2010

We stayed at the resort in one of the wooden cabins near the small harbour. We were only steps away from the water and had a maginificent view from our private patio.
Our cabin had two levels. The lower level offered a living room and completely equipped kitchen and bathroom. The upper level offers two double beds abd one single bed plus a nice balcony.

The lady who received us was very helpful and practical. She manages the whole resort with some help fof housekeeping and gardening.

The resort is quite small which gives a very cosy and quiet atmosphere. An excellent place to relax! We enjoyed several hours everyday reading a book on our patio in the late afternoon sunshine.

• Stayed July 2010
Victoria
Reviewed 25 October 2008

This time was our 2nd stay at this particular resort and we came back to it purely because of it's beautiful ocean views, the very friendly staff, the amazingly clean accommodation and the relaxing environment you would want out of a family vacation. We had a fantastic time kayaking and riding the bikes which there was no charge for. This time we stayed in one of the deluxe cabins which had the best view that I have ever seen. We spent some of our evenings down by the fire camp which was awesome, just outside the gorgeous pavilion which in itself is an eye opener and I understand it has been used as a venue for a few weddings which I think is picture perfect!. The hiking trails around there were fantastic and the locals were also very friendly. All in all a great location. I would recommend it to everyone.

Stayed October 2008
1 Thank AleaVictoria
Kelowna
Reviewed 15 October 2008

This is our third time at the resort and again had a wonderful time. The view is absolutely amazing, there is nothing like waking up to such a beautiful ocean view.

We had an amazing time in the kayaks that are provided for free. Being tucked in a protected bay means we can go out and kayak anytime and don't have to really worry about the weather. I didn't catch any fish this year, but last time I caught a rockfish (??) and some crab. We always bring our dogs and go for hikes which are all close by. The location of this resort is perfect - close to everything. The cabins are a little rustic, but have everything you need. It reminds me a bit of summer camp, but I love that about it!! if you're into the outdoors this is an amazing place for a getaway.

The staff were great. They gave good suggestions where to go kayaking or hiking with the dogs. And helped me pull my husband away from the kayaks when we had to go home.

• Liked — Staff made you feel like family
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cazcaz99
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 6 October 2008

We thought it was going to be a beautiful, cozy weekend for our anniversary. Even though the weather was bad and cold, we though the $195 a night cabin would make it all better. WRONG.
SPIDERS everywhere. And the famous jucuzzi tub, no hot water to fill it with. We had to use pots over the stove to boil hot water so we could actually sit in the tub.
Waking up with huge spiders on the bedroom walls is hardly romantic.
The owner refused to give us a refund as we had two nights booked and backed our bags to leave after the first. He was horrible to deal with, tried to make us change our mind and give us some money off a different (40 year old cabin) instead. I had to argue with him to give us our money back as we just wanted to go home. He ask if we were from the big city, I guess he thought our standards were too high to want hot water and a spidey free zone at that price!
BY FAR WORST experience I have ever had.
This so called "resort" is very far from a getaway. Might aswell pitch a tent on the hill for free, atleast it's cheaper.
The funny thing was he wanted to give us a credit instead, like we would ever go back there.

• Liked — The remote area
  • Disliked — The no hot water
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Islander21
Florida
Reviewed 24 September 2008

Great location in a relaxing atmosphere. Pleasant hosts and very friendly liveaboards in the marina. Enjoyed the sunsets and using of the canoe to take a closer look at some of the sealife in the area. Appreciated that there was no extra charge for use of the canoe or kayaks.

The cabin itself was a little worn - could use freshening. But having two decks to chose from in our cabin for watching the sunset or enjoying coffee in the mornings , as well as seating area outside the cabin, offset this negative.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MSRose
courtney
Reviewed 15 September 2008

Just spent a couple of nights with my hosts Mark & Jen @ seascape resort on quadra and had such a great experiance I felt compelled to write about it, something I normally wouldn't do.

After a stressful commercial fishing season I was running my boat south and decided to anchor overnight in Gowland Harbour.
I saw the resort and was drawn to it, as I aproached thier dock Mark came down to meet me and help secure my boat.

To my suprise he invited me for a bbq that was in progress with his family and some other guests, you just never experience hospitality like that anymore.

I had such a great time I treated myself to one of there cabins for the night and it was well worth it. The cabin was impecably clean, warm, cozy and quiet.

I've spent my life on this coast and seen many amasing and beutiful places that only a fortunate few ever see. I must say this place has that speacial magical energy that is so rare.

• Liked — clean,cozy, comfort
  • Disliked — I didn't stay long enough
37.6 km away
April Point Resort & Spa
April Point Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Quathiaski Cove

Been to Seascape Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!