“Camping and Kayaking with Orcas! The perfect family vacation!”

Wildcoast Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Quadra Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing quality guided kayak tours from Quadra Island, BC. Join our comfortable Orca Base Camp tour in Johnstone Strait, next to Robson Bight Michael Biggs Ecological Reserve. Kayak in waters where Killer Whales play! Spacious Safari tents & cots, close enough to hear the blows of the Orca! Or experience the un-ending channels and wilderness of Desolation Sound, the Discovery Islands, or the Coastal Inlets on an expedition! Rentals and day tours also available daily at our location
Reviewed 5 September 2015

We loved every minute of our 3-night stay at Orca Camp. Highlights included kayaking with orcas, fishing for salmon, seeing dolphins and porpoise swim by, kayaking at sunset, using the sauna/sweat lodge, and hanging out at the campfire. The safari tents were very comfortable and the food was excellent. Our guides, Clay, Caitlin, and Josh were friendly and knowledgeable. My children's favorite moment was when Josh purposely rolled his kayak to bring up a sea urchin for them to examine. We did this trip as part of a 7-day package with Gowlland Harbor. It was the perfect combination of "glamping" and resort time.

There are newer reviews for Wildcoast Adventures - Day Tours

Reviewed 4 September 2015

I recently returned from a Desolation Sound expedition. Our trip was truly exciting. The weather didn't cooperate, throwing us tremendous wind and pelting rain. Despite all this, our trip was wonderful. Our guides (Julie and Nova) did a wonderful job of watching the weather forecast and making sure we were on the water as much as possible while avoiding the worst of the weather. We camped on two different gorgeous islands, kayaked through awe-inspiring scenery, and saw seals, orcas, sea stars, and jellies. Julie and Nova were funny and uplifting through the difficult conditions, and I don't think anyone had a frown on their face the entire trip. We laughed and worked together. The food was absolutely amazing. As a vegetarian, I was worried I would be served just sides, but that was not the case at all. From falafel, to mushroom pate, to seasoned tofu, there was always a delicious main for me to eat. I'm so happy with my vacation, and would definitely travel with Wildcoast again. I'll request Julie and Nova if I can, they were excellent!

Reviewed 30 August 2015

Just got back from a Discovery Islands tour a few days ago and had a great time. Booking the trip with Valerie was a pleasure on the phone, and getting everything booked was a snap! Our guides Jacqueline and Nova were freaking superb, and the food was excellent. We didn't see any Orca's on our trip, but did get a really good look at a Humpback whale one morning. Great weather, guides, food, and kayak's. I will be back for Orca camp!

Reviewed 30 August 2015

We had such an amazing time at Orca Camp! There was quite the show of Orcas, Dolphins, Porpoises, Sealions, Eagles and Bear. We not only saw Orcas from the camp but also while paddling. Quite breathtaking to see an orca tail slapping just feet away from my boat. Our guides Caitlin, Clay and Josh were awesome and worked hard to make the experience a special one. Meals were fantastic, sleeping quarters were warm and cozy and the sauna delightful. We had such fun with the other guests as well, a really great bunch they were. The location, the wildlife and the people made this one of my most memorable holidays!

1  Thank Debbie L
Reviewed 28 August 2015

There is only one word I could think of to describe my experience with Wildcoast Adventures and that is LEGENDARY! I would never hesitate to book another tour and recommend it to anyone who is unsure. From the moment we left Gowlland Harbour on the water taxi the fun had already began. We were greeted at camp not only by our three excellent guides Clay, Nolan and Caitlin but a pod of over 100 Pacific White Side Dolphins roaring past camp in the kelp line, the action didn't stop there! we had over 10 different sightings of Orca, breaching, spy hopping, tail slapping, the works and even better right in front of the Wildcoast beach. We didn't need to set an alarm in the morning as our wake up call was from Clay yelling ORCA as pods swam past camp every morning. On our first adventure across Johnstone Strait we seen 8 black bears many with there cubs. Just when you think the experience couldn't get any better you sit down for dinner and are served a 3 course meal in the middle of no where, who could expect any better? the quality was fantastic! Our three guides always made you feel welcome and safe and have extensive knowledge of all the wildlife and history about the area. Everything about the tour exceeded my expectations and i can't wait to book another tour in the future.

1  Thank Sky G