“ORCAS ORCAS EVERYWHERE”

Wildcoast Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Quadra Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing quality guided kayak tours from Quadra Island, BC. Join our comfortable Orca Base Camp tour in Johnstone Strait, next to Robson Bight Michael Biggs Ecological Reserve. Kayak in waters where Killer Whales play! Spacious Safari tents & cots, close enough to hear the blows of the Orca! Or experience the un-ending channels and wilderness of Desolation Sound, the Discovery Islands, or the Coastal Inlets on an expedition! Rentals and day tours also available daily at our location
Reviewed 15 September 2015

Wildcoast created a magical experience for us with their 7 Day Premium Orca trip Sept 3 - 9, 2015. I could never have imagined how amazing this trip would be. From the first scrumptious dinner at Gowlland Harbour Resort to the Grizzly Bear Tour (add ORCAS to that as well) to our first sight of Orca Camp, it was a trip that will stand out forever in our memories. Damon and Val are great hosts - always going the extra mile. Our guides, Clay, Julie and Nolan (aka McNolan) guided us safely, cooked fabulous meals for us, laughed with us and shared in the Orca and wildlife magic with us too. Our 9 fellow guests are now our friends with whom we plan to reunite in two years at Orca Camp again. And then the Orcas - who were with us every day, multiple times - soothing our souls, connecting us to each other and the earth, reminding us that the earth is a precious place for us to cherish and not squander. Wildcoast created an experience for novice and experienced paddlers, for singles and couples, for those who are comfortable in the wild and for those who want a bit more comfort (hot showers, heated dining tent). Wildcoast ensures that your every need is met at Camp - catering to food preferences and avoiding allergies with grace - and makes every moment fun and enjoyable. They have secured the best spot on the water for their permanent base camp - you can hear the Orcas and the Seals breathing as they pass by - and they have honoured the wilderness through their care of the camp area. I cannot more highly recommend Wildcoast and Orca Camp - adventure and magic awaits you there.

3  Thank heblack58

Reviewed 14 September 2015

I went on the Orca Camp Premium 7-day package on Sept 3/2015.

I spent a few nights at the Gowland Harbour Resort as part of this package and from there, was taken on the all day Grizzly Tour, which was magnificent. Seeing bears up close, including some cubs, was just too good to be true.
The Gowland Harbour Resort is a beautiful boutique hotel and the food was outstanding.
The 3 nights spent at the Orca camp was also wonderful. As a single person, I had a tent to myself and yet felt surrounded by friendly people if I got to feeling lonesome. Although I have done alot of group adventures, this was the first time I had signed up for one as a single person. The group of 11 that I was with were incredible people, and I have not laughed for so many days in a row as I did with this witty group of like-minded folks.
I saw Orcas every day, several times each day, as well as sea lions, eagles, seals, dolphins and an array of various birds.

I would highly recommend Wild Coast Adventures if you are considering a kayak trip to the west coast. The fact that I came home raving about my trip says it all.

3  Thank carolann1234
Reviewed 10 September 2015 via mobile

What a great trip with great people and guides. It certainly exceeded my expectations!

We had helpful, fun guides that remained focussed and calm when needed. They are fabulous cooks and saw to our every need.

We had 11 people literally coming together from around the world and without a doubt we could not have had a better group of people. We immediately bonded, laughed, joked, and learned about reach other. I feel as though I have made friends for life - whether teasing each other about dancing or sea cucumbers we all got along famously without any issues.

This is certainly more camping than glamping but in hindsight what else could it have been. It was safe, catered, a cold sink for washing, a hot shower and the tents were dry - what else do you need? Oh yeah - Orcas!

Everyday, multiple times a day we saw these magnificent beings. For me, it was a truly spiritual experience. Whether hearing the blow or seeing the grace that they move with I found I never had a dry eye when they were near.

Damon was fabulous, fun and helpful when setting everything up for me - no complaints at all.

Wanting to reunite with 9 strangers in 2 years says exact,y how much fun we all had!

Dorsal fin UP!!

2  Thank Rhonda C
Reviewed 10 September 2015

Taking a trip with Wildcoast is a "have to do" if you are on Quadra Island and like nature and adventure. You get an awesome kayak tour (possible even if you have no experience just like me) with amazing wildlife/landscape, camping in the wild (but delicious meals) and a possibility to meet new interesting people. The guides were great and all equipment is provided (so nothing to care about). I had a wonderful week and memories will last a lifetime. Thank you Wildcoast-Team!

Reviewed 9 September 2015

Wildcoast Orca Camp was a trip of a lifetime! We did the five day, four night Orca Camp and from start to finish it was a trip I will never forget. The guides, Clay, Julie and Nolan (aka McNolan) were fantastic. They went above and beyond to make sure we had a wonderful trip and I could not have asked for better guides to take care of us. The guides cooked amazing food for us every day, they took us out in the kayaks on explorations daily. We had nightly fires and the beach sauna was a treat after a cool day on the water.

We saw Oracs daily as they swam by the beach where we were staying and the experience of being there with the Orcas so close by was magical in every way. At night you could hear the Orcas as they came up for air as they passed by camp it was so peaceful! Orcas were not all we saw we also saw dolpins, seals, sea lions, sea otters, mink, starfish, sea urchin, eagles, king fisher, ravens, sea gulls, shore birds, salmon, and so much more. On one of our kayak excursions we were even given a beautiful salmon that a fisherman had caught and our guides cooked it up for usto eat.

The group of 11 of us at Orca Camp got along so well, we laughed, joked, picked on each other and had a marvelous time together. We came from various parts of the world, some close by and some far away but we came together and shared this amazing experience together and it has bonded us for a long time to come! We will hopefully come back together in two years for another amazing time together.

This trip is a camping trip you are in tents, sleeping on cots in sleeping bags, it does get cool at night, you have to watch what you leave out for food so mice do not take off with it. However it is camping in the wild and remember that and you have a hot shower, your food cooked for you, a fire to warm by what more could you want. You are in the wilds of British Columbia enjoy your trip and have an amazing adventure as I did! Wildcoast and its guides did an amazing job at making my once in a lifetrime trip a reality! Thank you all so very much also to the group who was with us! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

2  Thank Dannielle S