“Awesome!!!”

Wildcoast Adventures - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Quadra Island
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing quality guided kayak tours from Quadra Island, BC. Join our comfortable Orca Base Camp tour in Johnstone Strait, next to Robson Bight Michael Biggs Ecological Reserve. Kayak in waters where Killer Whales play! Spacious Safari tents & cots, close enough to hear the blows of the Orca! Or experience the un-ending channels and wilderness of Desolation Sound, the Discovery Islands, or the Coastal Inlets on an expedition! Rentals and day tours also available daily at our location
Reviewed 1 July 2016

Loved the Desolation Sound trip.
I must say that this trip far exceeded ALL of our expectations. The professional service, the incredible meals and the attention to detail were superb. Oh, the scenery was spectacular too! :) Keep up the great work! Kudos to Josh and Tom, our kayak guides/hosts. They really made the trip extra special. Val and Daman, thank you for the opportunity to be a part of this great adventure. This trip will be hard to beat.

Valerie G, Manager at Wildcoast Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2016

Wow! Thank you so much! It feels very good to know we've not only met, but exceeded your expectations!

I'm so glad that Josh and Tom not only represented Wildcoast well, but also brought a unique touch that customized the trip specifically to your group.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your trip for future travelers: it means a lot to know our guests leave having had such a fantastic experience!

Warm regards,
Valerie & the Wildcoast team.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

Just got back from the Desolation Sound trip- an amazing experience! Damon and Val were extremely organized, and helped with all the logistics of getting around Quadra island. Our guides Bender, Tom, and Andrea were knowledgable, friendly, and clearly enjoyed their jobs. The food was fantastic, and it was lovely to go camping without having to worry about packing anything except clothes. Thanks again Wildcoast!

Valerie G, Manager at Wildcoast Adventures - Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2016

Thanks so much Tiffany for taking the time to share your experience with future travelers!
It feels good to hear what we're doing right, and to know that whether you were out on trip, or at "home base", you experienced consistent Wildcoast hospitality! It was a pleasure to host you!

Warm regards,
Valerie & the Wildcoast team

Reviewed 20 October 2015

The Wildcoast team are truly wonderful from the moment we booked until they dropped us of after are camp we didn't have an complaints except for the rain but hey they can't been blamed for that. As we were travelling from Australia to attend we had lots of logistics to cope with and they helped us through every stage. A very special thank you to Bender, Nova & Nola who were our guides on the camp. Bender even emailed us all photos he took on the day as well. We saw Orca's every day and enjoyed the relaxing atmosphere. If it wasn't so far from us we would go every year. Thanks Nici and Sarah

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Wildcoast created a magical experience for us with their 7 Day Premium Orca trip Sept 3 - 9, 2015. I could never have imagined how amazing this trip would be. From the first scrumptious dinner at Gowlland Harbour Resort to the Grizzly Bear Tour (add ORCAS to that as well) to our first sight of Orca Camp, it was a trip that will stand out forever in our memories. Damon and Val are great hosts - always going the extra mile. Our guides, Clay, Julie and Nolan (aka McNolan) guided us safely, cooked fabulous meals for us, laughed with us and shared in the Orca and wildlife magic with us too. Our 9 fellow guests are now our friends with whom we plan to reunite in two years at Orca Camp again. And then the Orcas - who were with us every day, multiple times - soothing our souls, connecting us to each other and the earth, reminding us that the earth is a precious place for us to cherish and not squander. Wildcoast created an experience for novice and experienced paddlers, for singles and couples, for those who are comfortable in the wild and for those who want a bit more comfort (hot showers, heated dining tent). Wildcoast ensures that your every need is met at Camp - catering to food preferences and avoiding allergies with grace - and makes every moment fun and enjoyable. They have secured the best spot on the water for their permanent base camp - you can hear the Orcas and the Seals breathing as they pass by - and they have honoured the wilderness through their care of the camp area. I cannot more highly recommend Wildcoast and Orca Camp - adventure and magic awaits you there.

3  Thank heblack58
Reviewed 14 September 2015

I went on the Orca Camp Premium 7-day package on Sept 3/2015.

I spent a few nights at the Gowland Harbour Resort as part of this package and from there, was taken on the all day Grizzly Tour, which was magnificent. Seeing bears up close, including some cubs, was just too good to be true.
The Gowland Harbour Resort is a beautiful boutique hotel and the food was outstanding.
The 3 nights spent at the Orca camp was also wonderful. As a single person, I had a tent to myself and yet felt surrounded by friendly people if I got to feeling lonesome. Although I have done alot of group adventures, this was the first time I had signed up for one as a single person. The group of 11 that I was with were incredible people, and I have not laughed for so many days in a row as I did with this witty group of like-minded folks.
I saw Orcas every day, several times each day, as well as sea lions, eagles, seals, dolphins and an array of various birds.

I would highly recommend Wild Coast Adventures if you are considering a kayak trip to the west coast. The fact that I came home raving about my trip says it all.

3  Thank carolann1234