“Cozy or cramped?”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Haidagwaii
“Cozy or cramped?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2012

Limited menu. Good coffee and Tea but food is bland and expensive.

Vancouver
“Cheerful and delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2011

Both my husband and I ordered the waffles, I had an americano, he had a Latte. The waffles arrived quickly and were just as amazing to look at as to eat! Obviously home made from scratch the waffles were light, slightly crunchy and melted in our mouths. They had a very generous topping of fresh whipped cream, a light drizzle of maple syrup and a blueberry/raspberry compote to top it off. Sweet, yes, but no overly so. It was so good it tied my mothers waffles (and she is a bit of a Martha) The coffees were hot strong and satisfying, no complaints there either. We even came back later that day for carrot cake and tea. which was also just delicious. Writing this review is starting to make my mouth water. I'd better stop. One piece of advice, if you walk in there and there is nothing written on the menu board, ask what they have (they serve breakfast and lunch), they will give you the full run down and you won't know what to choose. When in doubt, choose waffles, unless you are diabetic!

Visited September 2011
Victoria, Canada
“Nice community hub...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2011

My husband and I dined at Queen B twice on our recent trip to Haida Gwaii.

The place is really cute and the staff is really nice. It appeared to be a gathering grounds for the community and a family friendly place. The outdoor seating is really pleasant, even with the hungry-eyed crows lurking about.

The first time we went there we ordered a smoked salmon pizza and salad, as well as a samosa and soup. All of the food was tasty and nourishing. We also had a berry drink that was really refreshing.

Honestly, call me a bitter hippie, but the only reason I didn't give Queen B a rating of 5 was because of the hummus! The second time we went, we ordered a salad plate of some-sort; it was over all very good and exactly what we were wanting except the hummus which was flavourless chickpea mush. Sigh. Don't mess with my hummus!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank KimbertEyestain
Victoria Capital Regional District, Canada
“Great great great...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

Love this place. Excellent coffee, great baked goods. We met a ton of great people here, talked art, politics, ideas, and laughed our bun cheeks off at the stories we heard. I wish there were more places like this in Vancouver and Toronto. Except that wouldnt be nearly so cooooool as a place like this being in QC City.

Great sun deck (sun not included). Ask about Martini night...

• Visited September 2010
The Road
“For breakfast, lunch, and snacks, you can't do better than this”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

An odd thing about Haida Gwaii: there are no really good restaurants, but there are some wonderful coffee places, including this one. Because the island is so remote, the coffee bars can't rely on stale, pre-baked goods trucked in from who knows where. Instead, they each bake their own fresh every day. Great stuff! And Queen B's also has the advantages of a fun proprietress, a selection of eclectic items for sale, and a rotating display of art on the walls. If - and admittedly this is unlikely - you happen to be there on a sunny day, then there's also a wonderful deck.