3,858 results
All reviews sleep fly shuttle bus park your car burger king big hotel shuttle service breakfast buffet rooms are spacious close to the airport excellent hotel booked this hotel hotel restaurant visit amsterdam an early flight kfc motorway klm
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

Stay in this hotel for one night. Close to Schiphol airport. Easy connection to airport and no traffic jam. Had an upgrade to a four person room, very big and clean. Reception and people are very friendly. Nice Coffee machine on the room. Very good when you need to travel. Will use this for sure again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 11, 2017

I’m in The Netherlands weekly so I know just how bad Dutch customer service can be. This is particularly true of hotels around the airport where staff seem to specialise in hiding from customers or sneering when they comment on being ignored.

However I’m a bit of a fan of Van Der Volk Hotels. They can be quirky, either ultra-modern or somehow stuck in a 70’s time warp. They seem to be frequented by people who are either 8 or 80, I know that’s not true but it seems that way. The upside is service is good in them and it they always are well managed and each one has its own freedoms. They are not a generic chain.

The A4 Airport is in a motorway layby and has all the charm of a service station. It is chaos as large groups of Chinese tour groups check in or out at all hours or school trips use it as a staging post for a tour. However it all works very well.

The rooms are large comfortable and have fast Wi-Fi. The shuttle from the airport is on time and large. Note others are too small. Staff are always very customer focussed.
The large dining area seems to be split into one side buffet for the tour groups and al la carte on the other. The food is good, and if you like carbs you will love it. They give you a lot. As a regular they could change it or have some specials on. The serving staff look like they have come direct from school but they are always very good.

For the airport unless you want to pay a fortune at the Hilton, this or the Citizen M are the best choices.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2017

Park, Stay the night over and Fly the van der Valk hotel Schiphol has a very good arrangement when you have to catch a early flight the next day.
The shuttle bus bring you from 05:00 hours to the airport.
We had a good sleep in a upgrated room.
On the way back the shuttle bring you back to the hotel to pickup the car.

Room Tip: You will hear the planes, but you are near to the airport
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Really nice hotel, friendly reception staff, spacious rooms, nice pool, this is a larger hotel 600 plus rooms. it as a lot of charm, the reception staff are friendly and accommodating. however the cleaning staff are another story!!!. we stayed here for 7 days from sept 25th 2017 to Oct 2 2017. the cleaning staff were very lazy and did not clean, they made our beds daily and put clean towels in however they did not clean bathroom, vacuum, wash down tables from spills or remove garbage's. Did not leave clean cups or glasses or refill shampoos or soap, left clean towel folded on floor of wet shower stall?? knocked on door even with do not disturb sign on door. Did not communicate well in Dutch or English (didn't understand either language) and were kind of rude. Keep in mind this is not a cheap hotel and is classified as a 4+ hotel so I expected that they would at least clean the bathroom or clean up spills on the tables. I didn't expect clean sheets or vacuuming daily but they only did that once not 4+ service at all. We left good tips for the first 3 days but stopped after that as they did not do a good job at all. this hotel has a huge parking lot but extremely hard to find parking as they do park and fly and it is easily accessible to airport. also the meals we great but very pricey and room service prices changed for same thing ordered daily???. got a bit of a surprise upon checkout when the said I had a bill for 29 euro! said it was for city tax but that was already paid, then they said it was for room service and I explained we paid with cash and credit card, so then they told me oh it was for room service calls!!! really what hotel charges you for room service calls?? after I questioned the charges they said oh sorry it was a fault on their computer system and decided not to try and scam me for the calls. My advice is go down and order your food and bring it up yourself as room service is quit a bit more than the same item in the restaurant . and pay attention to you bill. if they can scam you they will!!! I did really like this hotel , I would recommend it and I would return but I would defiantly pay attention to all my expenses. all in all I would return but I will be cautious next time.

Room Tip: Be cautious of your checkout Bill.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2017

The airline cancelled our flight due to high winds in Amsterdam, so they put us up at the Van der Valk A4 Hotel. We have stayed at Van der Valk hotels in the past and so far we have enjoyed all of them, and this one was no exception. A shuttle picked us up at the airport and dropped us at the door. The lobby area is huge and nicely set up with comfortable seating. Just off the lobby is the restaurant. The breakfast buffet which came with our room compliments of the airline, had loads of choices and everything was delicious. There are places to shop inside the lobby as well as a large wine bar.

Our room was immaculate and spacious with a large patio facing the parking lot. The weather was hideous so we could not enjoy it, but on a nice day it would be great. The bathroom was big with a deep jetted tub as well as a separate shower. We each received a little welcome bag full of useful items in case you forgot to pack them. Bathroom amenities were also very nice.

This hotel was a little farther from the airport than we would normally choose but worth the drive. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Next time you're in Amsterdam, try a Van der Valk Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple