“Paid Our Bill and Left”

Add it.
The Village Grill of Inverness
Ranked #10 of 12 Restaurants in Inverness
Reviewed 21 October 2016

We went for lunch. We have enjoyed the seafood chowder in many restaurants in Nova Scotia. My husband ordered it. i had the first bite and had to work to swallow it. It was Very Strong. My husband agreed and said he could not eat it. My fish and chips were not quite as bad. The fish was edible. The "chips" were the crinkle cut that resemble the ones we used to bake in the oven years ago. I ate about 5 of them. The server was very nice. She did ask if we wanted something else, but we felt it was time to cut our losses.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

This restaurant has been producing some of the best comfort pub food since many, many years. It's not about atmosphere here, it's about great food for good prices - value!

Reviewed 3 October 2016

We were driving through and thought this place looked nice to eat, when we walked in we weren't greeted and waited a while then sat at a table, which was dirty.. When the waitress eventually came over she gave us menus and we ordered a while later. She was definitely not the most pleasant server, no smile, nothing. I have worked in this industry and you have to be friendly to your customers. Our food came and our table was still not wiped, which was disgusting because it was very dirty. The food was alright, not somewhere I would bother going again.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Drove around western Cape Breton looking for a place to eat later in the day when many things were closed and came across the Village Grill in Inverness. The service was friendly and fast, our meals came quickly and there was quite a lot to choose from even for myself, a vegetarian. I had a vegetarian sandwich which was pretty good considering the venue didn't seem like the type of place that would usually have vegetarian options. There were lots of fresh veggies and sauce and cheese but not too much to drown out the good stuff!

Reviewed 10 September 2016

There were 3 people in our group today, 2 ordered the Hot Hamburger Sandwich and I ordered the sauteed scallops with 3 scoops of mashed potatoes. I am told the Hot Hamburger was really good. As for the Scallops, they were really good - done just right. If in the area, please give this place a try. The decor is pretty basic, but don't let that deter you from eating there.