“Very good breakfast”
Review of Downstreet Coffee Company - CLOSED

Downstreet Coffee Company
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Description: In the heart of Inverness, the Downstreet is a hub for the community and meets several unique food & beverage niches. Known for the best coffee in Cape Breton, the Downstreet is a café by day and rustic wine bar by night. Featuring skillet breakfasts, fresh, simple lunch offerings and thin crust Neapolitan style pizza, the Downstreet’s focus is fresh and simple with an Italian influence.
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I shared the "typical" breakfast and a Belgian waffle at Downstreet Coffee Company in Inverness, NS. The typical breakfast is two eggs, meat, hash browns and toast. We picked ham and it was three very thin slices. I'd choose bacon or sausage next time! The multi grain toast was fabulous. The waffle was cooked perfectly crisp and served with a blueberry compote that was delish! We loved out hazelnut latte too! Like the cool, casual ambiance of the restaurant too.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

Excellent coffee and Creative assortment of bites, with a lot of healthy options! Great selection of music. Would've rated it excellent except that the barista, possibly owner, went out of his way to be less than pleasant/communicative. Not that that mattered to us to much as we were in good company otherwise :) but just kind of too bad, and had he been a bit more pleasant, we also probably would've ordered some more of what we were commenting about in the showcase. along with some interesting looking teas,so really more his loss than ours. Still, highly recommend stopping in if it's a good latte you're after.

Reviewed October 5, 2017

We really enjoyed stopping off at the Downstreet Coffee Company and trying out all of their baked goodies and their sandwiches. We enjoyed everything that we tried. Highly recommend...and the coffee was good too!

Reviewed September 28, 2017

The music is often loud, and every noise ricochets around the room - so it is not an easy place to have a conversation. Normally the coffee is okay, though sometimes it's been in the thermos too long and is room temperature. Stay away from the sandwiches. I had a Monte Christo - the ham, was stone cold, the cheese was not melted, the bread was three or four times the thickness of nomal slice of bread. I tried just having the bread with the maple syrup but I couldn't pretend it was french toast, with one side soggy and cold. I told the staff person, she offered to make another (god no, why!) and did not offer a refund or different type of food. I would probably have considered trying soup. I notice that some sandwiches are wrapped and in a cooler - which is why I ordered a monte christo - I thought fresh would be better. Nope. There aren't many options for places to go in Inverness, so I really regret not being able to eat here.

Reviewed September 22, 2017

We were a very large group that needed to Pizza's to go. We had enjoyed 3 evenings of wonderful food in our Inverness Beach Village cabins! but now our chef (lawyer) needed a rest. Pizza from Downstreet was our plan. They did not disappoint. GF pizza is difficult. I have had very good GF pizza and not so good. However the Vegetarian one at Downstreet is one of the best that I have had anywhere. It was only 1 of the 15 ordered but everything was labeled well, on time and great service. Thank you!