“Quirky little place.”

Jimmy's on the Beach
Ranked #9 of 12 Restaurants in Inverness
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Great location, just on the edge of Inverness beach which is beautiful. We had the lobster roll, very nice but not as full and chunky as others we had.
Could probably do with a remodel as the serving hatch is surrounded by toilets...

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Turn down Beach Road to enjoy a snack/walk along the shore of Inverness. Enjoy your beach lunch gazing up at Margaree Island to the North.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

We had been traveling all over Nova Scotia for a week and every time we stopped for breakfast we would ask for peameal bacon. No restaurant ever had it. Then today as we were leaving the beautiful Inverness Beach, my husband saw a sign on the little beach restaurant, Jimmy's on the Beach, that read, "add peameal bacon to any sandwich for $1." We were so excited! I asked him if he could make us a sandwich using all peameal bacon, and he said he sure could. It was so delicious--big slices of peameal bacon, a thick slice of tomato, lettuce, mayo-- on a big bun. It was so large that my husband and I split it, and the price was reasonable, less than $10 CAD. I really appreciated the friendliness and desire to please exhibited by Chef Jimmy and by his sales person, a pretty girl with beautiful eyes (forgot her name). If you have a chance to go to gorgeous Inverness Beach, be sure to stop at Jimmy's for a peameal bacon sandwich. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

On a super beach, this hut just needs a little TLC and a good cleaning. Apparently the food used to be great, maybe it could be so again. Short season, but good local and visitor traffic.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

When we visited, they were out of several items and the young woman who was taking the orders was less than helpful and charming. We waited an hour for our food, I think that they forgot to bring the food to the front for quite a long time (we could hear the admonishment through the kitchen door on the side). The food was not great by the time we got it, and I paid close to $50 for lunch for 2. That way my own fault. This is a place to get food while at the beach, waiting an hour in the wind for the food isn't ok. I checked several times with the unfriendly woman in the front. The diverse menu is a great concept, but sticking to the basics and having the food listed, served quickly would be more appropriate for a beach snack bar. The man who seemed to be the chef was very friendly and I hope he does well, please hire someone just as great for the front window.

4  Thank Kat M