All reviews fudge next door across the road afternoon tea golf club golf course attention to detail home baking stayed here her daughter heaven on earth little gem ulster fry one night on arrival isle of man scones
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Stayed 2 nights and could happily have stayed for many more. Really enjoyed the welcoming coffee & homemade scones, beautifully decorated bedrrooms, lovely view from the lounge over the golf course & out to sea & the cosy coal fire in the evening. Ciara took the time to talk, share her knowledge of the local area whilst at the same time giving you space to relax & put your feet up. Ardglass is small working seaside village, where the locals all say hello, there is a friendly pub & 2 very good restaurants. Everything you need for that relaxing short break.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ciaravanvogt, Owner at Margaret's Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Thank you for your kind words and taking time to write a review for us. It was lovely to have you here as guests and I hope you'll come back and stay again. With kindest regards, Ciara.

Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Staying with Ciara was just brilliant. Our weekend here was simply lovely. The rooms are warm and cosy, the food was delicious and the atmosphere was relaxing and friendly.
Breakfast is an amazing affair- the quality of the food is top class. Home baking, home made bread, eclairs, scones, lemon curd - all made by Ciara! Delish!!
We will certainly be back!!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
ciaravanvogt, Owner at Margaret's Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2018

Awh, thank you so much! What a lovely review and such kind words. We try our best to exceed our customers' expectations...,so I'm glad we hit the mark!
Now you know where we are, please don't be a stranger. I hope we see you again soon.
With kindest regards,
Ciara

Reviewed October 21, 2017

What can a world traveler say after staying at the best heaven on earth home away from home imaginable?

I came upon Margaret's cottage to the sleepy town of Ardglass on a Monday evening as darkness fell. It was recommended to me after seeking 3 other places to stay, and I was becoming weary. There was a sign out front indicating they were full, but I rang the bell regardless as I was running out of options.

The owner Ciara answered indicating they were unfortunately closed, but thank goodness felt sorry and trusting of me to reconsider. One night turned to two, then finally three as golfers were arriving for the weekend.

Ciara is not only a godsend, but someone who truly understands hospitality. I was the sole guest in her beautiful home enjoying her wonderful freshly baked goods and (oh my god) incomparable raspberry jam! I truly felt welcomed into a friends seaside home as she lit her coal burning stove while she went out to dinner ti her Mom's with her daughter entrusting me with her purring cat beside me.

Consider yourself fortunate if you stay here. Ciara will make you feel at home.

Room Tip: Choose the quiet room in the back.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
ciaravanvogt, Owner at Margaret's Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2017

Thank you for your kind words!
I'm so sorry that you stumbled across the very rare occasion that the house wasn't ready for guests. Thank you for your patience as your bedroom was made ready and the fire was set.
It was a pleasure to meet you and, now you know where we are, you might visit us again.
With warmest wishes,
Ciara, Kelsey and Michael O'Shea.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Our recent stay at Margaret’s Cottage exceeded our expectations. This ‘upside down’ B&B is simply stunning. It is directly across the road from Ardglass Golf Club with its 18 hole links course and the oldest clubhouse in the world. This is open to non- members and also serves really lovely food.
The drawing room upstairs in Margaret’s Cottage has a fantastic view of the links course and the harbour. On a clear day you can see the Isle of Man and the fishing boats returning with their catch.
Ciara, our host, has created the perfect place to relax and unwind. The bedrooms are lovely and her gift of homemade tablet on the bed was just a hint of the amazing home baking to come. Ciara really looks after her guests, from the fresh coffee and cake on arrival, to afternoon tea with more home baking, not to mention the breakfast! In the evening the fire was lit and we sat and enjoyed the music (there is also a guest fridge for a wee bottle of wine)
I would highly recommend Margaret’s Cottage and wish Ciara continued success, she has an eye for detail that makes staying here something special.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
ciaravanvogt, Owner at Margaret's Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2017

Thank you for your kind words and taking time to tell Trip Advisor about us. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope you'll stay a little longer next time. You were great guests and I hope we will see you again soon. With warmest wishes, Ciara.

Reviewed October 2, 2017 via mobile

Just back from a fabulous weekend away to celebrate our friends 50 birthday! If you want to stay in a cosy home from home where the host goes out of her way to make your stay special visit Margaret's Cottage. From welcoming breakfasts, freshly baked cakes, warm fires and a cosy bed for a perfect nights sleep! Add to that you're across the road from a fabulous golf course and next door to my favourite new pub Mannies (the old commercial) with the best selection of gins I've seen in a long time. We will definitely be back! Thanks Ciara

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
ciaravanvogt, Owner at Margaret's Cottage B&B, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay in Ardglass and that Margaret's Cottage came up trumps for you. Thank you for your kind review and, now that you know where we are, I hope we will see you again soon. With kindest regards, Ciara and Kelsey.