“Newly re-launched restaurant - definitely worth trying”
Review of Zios - CLOSED

Zios
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2017

We hadn't been to Zio's for over five years, having had a couple of mixed experiences.

We decided to give the newly launched La Dolce Vita a chance as we fancied having a dinner in Walton that wasn't at a restaurant chain.

We were very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, freshly cooked ingredients and well presented together with attentive and friendly service.

Definitely worth paying a visit to support a local family owned restaurant.

Reviewed April 16, 2017

We went on Saturday 8th April to try what is now called La Dolce Vita Restaurant. I chose from the "Specials" menu, Pasta filled with Ragu with Parmesan shavings and Rocket and my husband had Chicken wrapped in parma ham filled with cheese, vege and potatoes. Starters were Olives with bread olive oil and balsamic vinegar and Brushetta. The olive oil/balsamic vinegar never arrived.The Brushetta toasties were so hard and partyly burned that we could only manage with difficulty to eat it. My pasta was hard and chewy (probably overcooked in microwave) The parmesan shaving were a "hard disc" of cheese on the bottom of the dish under tomato sauce. I left the pasta on the plate and told the waiter that it was overcooked upon which he commented that he would mention it to Chef. Terribly disappointed and would certainly not recommend.

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

This restaurant is now called La Dolce Vita, not Zio's. Although the new owners took over from their dad and renamed it.

In my view the food is better than before. We went there as a family (7 adults) on a Sunday. We all took the salad buffet which has a smaller selection than before but it was good. I would prefer more choice though.

For the main course, some took the beef, I took the roast lamb. That was simply delicious. We have been there quite a few times before and I dreaded having the main course as the portions were so small and the meat transparent and so overcooked. But this time it was tasty, cooked well and decent portions, cut thick with a knife not with a cutting machine.

For dessert we had tiramisu. That was disappointing. The portion was so small but tasty. We all complained.

The service needs serious improvement. We just had to help ourselves to the buffet. Nobody asked what we wanted so we all got up and went to the salad/starters bar. Eventually we were asked, as we were having our self service starters, what we wanted as a main course. The main course was served quickly.

We all ordered coffee, but the young waiter forgot mine.

This is a good value for money restaurant. There were two waiters that day, the service was very different from the more mature waiter, who is experienced and considerate and the young one with an attitude (chef's son)

I still recommend it. I hope the young waiter learns or does something else.

Reviewed April 6, 2017

We waited for some time at the door to be acknowledged and shown to a table, even though the restaurant was fairly empty. We waited 10 minutes to be given a menu. We waited another 10 minutes for a drinks order to be taken, and longer again for the food order to be taken. Difficult to attract attention, at one stage the waitress ignored us, we called after her and she still ignored us. We asked her for some cold milk for a tea, and she did not seem to understand and brought sugar. We had to try to attract the attention of a different waiter. The food however was good, my liver with onions was excellent.

Reviewed April 4, 2017

My family of 6 adults visited last Friday evening. The service was very good with just the right amount of time between courses. The waiters were friendly but not overbearing and all the food was delicious and reasonably priced.
We all said we hoped to visit again soon.