Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$93
Hotels.comUS$93
PricelineUS$93
TravelocityUS$93
Agoda.comUS$93
eDreamsUS$85
All reviews alton towers lovely surroundings full english the ground floor bit dated get together poached eggs biscuits stayed for one night comfy bed the pub carvery gabby uttoxeter receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed May 22, 2022

Just stayed for a night. The room was spacious but a bit dated decor wise. Bed was extremely comfy. It was a bit warm so we had the window open as we were at the back of the property, irritatingly musicstarted from the bar early in the morning. All the staff we met were nice, breakfast was good. Evening meal was good value with enormous portions, I couldn't finish mine which doesn't happen too often.

Date of stay: May 2022
Reviewed May 15, 2022

Lovely surroundings, nice food BUT portion too small. Ordered a standard carvery and there was hardly any potatoes. A tiny dollop of mash and 2 very small roast potatoes. When I pointed out that I was not happy, there was no apology, just a vacant type of look and she pointed out that I could order more if I wanted to pay for them. I didn't appreciate the manner or content of this response. Come on-only potatoes! just smile and apologise and bring more-would have left us much happier for a matter of a few pence-short sighted and not customer focussed, need to please the customer if you want them to return!

Date of stay: May 2022
3  Thank kathylauraselinak
Reviewed April 21, 2022

My wife and I stayed for two nights in total, but a week apart (ie: to and from an Easter holiday elsewhere).

We spent the first night (a week ago) in Room 19, and the second one (last night) in Room 21. Both rooms are spacious and have very comfy Super King-Size beds.

The furnishings and decor have seen better days, but there's more than ample storage space (drawers + wardrobe) that many modern hotels don't have any more.

Both rooms overlook a parkland area with a fountain. I'm a light sleeper, but the two bedrooms were too distant from the A515 to be disturbed by traffic noise in the night, as well as from the Derby to Uttoxeter trains that pass just south of the hotel, across the level crossing, with a working Signal Box, now a Grade 2 Listed Building.

And we couldn't fault our meals (breakfasts, and in the evening). Super-friendly staff as well.

Date of stay: April 2022
Reviewed April 4, 2022 via mobile

The rooms were a bit dated, but you can see they are making improvements. The service was superb, beds were dreamy. Food was really really really good. A great hotel with great hospitality.
Burger with the homemade chips were he best my husband has had in years!

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank cherryade13
Reviewed February 21, 2022

We enjoyed a lovely afternoon and evening in the bar, great menu, delicious food then had a very comfy night in a cosy room. Breakfast was delicious the next morning to
Staff were all very welcoming
It’s lovely that we and our dogs were made to feel so welcome
We can definitely recommend a visit and will be returning again

Date of stay: February 2022