All reviews the cliff my eyes generous hosts big windows few stairs many ways great weekend warm hospitality beautiful spot take advantage art cliffside healing soul forest bathtub energy
Reviewed March 19, 2018

We just spent the weekend here for our ten year anniversary. Absolutely loved it. Beautiful scenery. Quiet and peaceful. Wonderful place to connect with nature. Nothing but positive energy here. Luannah is amazing! We both highly recommend a massage. Healing and magical. Sitting in the hot tub under a blanket of stars at night or watching the eagles soar over head during the day. I can't say enough good things about this place. We will definitely be returning in the future. John and Desiree.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2017

We arrived for our 2 night stay, complaining about the dirt road access. But I suppose that's what made it so special. Serenity by theSea, provided us with a romantic craggy ocean front delight when we returned at 9 pm. All the doors were open facing the ocean. The moon was up and there were these fabulous antigravity chairs in the common area. Luanna joined us discreetly and we enjoyed the view and the company for several hours. The next morning the included breakfast was more than adequate.. but again the view was spectacular. Swimming in front was surprisingly warm. A joy!

Room Tip: The "cozy room "had forest views, but a postage stamp size footprint. Certainly adequate....but with a shared bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ann s
Reviewed August 20, 2017 via mobile

Loved the peaceful setting- built right on the water and nestled into the cliff with tons of windows bringing nature up close. We swam in the ocean, enjoyed the peaceful grounds and lounged on the beautiful carved bench to watch the sunset. Stayed in the main lodge with a stunning view and peaceful sound of waves on the shore. I will definitely be back!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 23, 2017

This place is an enchanting paradise. Lovely owners, they are leaving but the new owners are friends and the spirit of this space lives on. There's a freak'n bath tub perched by the sea!! What else could you ask for. This place has soul so don't be shy.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bottleofdisaster
SerenitybytheSea, Manager at Serenity by the Sea Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2017

Thanks so much for your review.. We are always delighted at how our guests tune in to the special energy of Serenity. I'm so glad you enjoyed the tub...Just a month ago a couple in the tub were so enchanted by the bio fluorescence in the water and an otter that visited them in the tub, he proposed to her and she accepted! So many stories! Hope you will be back.

Reviewed July 8, 2016

From time to time I stay on the island in a B & B. This was not a favorite. Not clean and not what I thought I would get based on what I paid which was way too much. There are many many beautiful B&B's on this island. Keep looking. Clean is important to me and privacy, this means locked doors and curtains. Excuses for lack of cleanliness does not work for me, sorry. Not interested in spending my time with spiders or cob webs. The bedding...don't know what to say it was dingy and oily looking and it smelled nasty. yuk!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
5  Thank rose2760
SerenitybytheSea, Owner at Serenity by the Sea Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2018

Hello Rose, we are the new owners of Serenity as of last June. It’s unfortunate that you had that experience. The former owners built this magical place and are wonderful people. As they are in their late 70’s, they were already getting ready to leave at that time as there were health issues that made it so that they could not tend to the property as efficiently as previously.
We can assure you if you were to choose to make another visit here you will enjoy all the improvements and added amenities, such as the cliffside jacuzzi.
Wishing you all the best.