All reviews wood burning fireplace ferry terminal pizza dining room sturdies bay hot tub active pass steam room bc ferries explore the island villa suites sunday night king size bed lounge chairs get away romantic getaway gulf islands
Reviewed June 5, 2018

We booked a 3-night package through BC Ferries, a good deal for supposedly a high-end resort.
The hotel has so much going for it, but the lack of a decent breakfast onsite, and few restaurant facilities after a day of sightseeing, made the trip unpleasant.

Specifically, the seats in our room were cracked and flaking, one had a large tear in it, and the sink had a large crack.
These are not difficult fixes.
The 'luxury robe' which I had to ask twice to get had a hole in the pocket and a tear in the lapel. Not big things, but in the context of the other annoyances, just one more black mark.

We ended up eating one breakfast at the local bakery, which had a limited and sugar-heavy menu, and the next day at another local eatery, which seemed to cater to road crews.

Even something as simple as coffee and muffins in the dining room would have made the entire experience far more positive.

I could pick at numerous other small things, but these are the ones that stand out the most.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hubert D
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

We came here midday and enjoyed the venue and view. The staff are friendly and our food was tasty, but it took over 20 minutes for someone to take our order and an hour for the food to arrive. They did offer to pay for our drinks as a result of the wait. Overall this is a great spot to chill, the lawn is a kid friendly area for play. But I’d say if you’re in any kind of rush, skip it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Morgan W
Reviewed May 18, 2018

We booked a B.C. Ferries get away package at this resort and I was a little underwhelmed. The Inn is in a wonderful location but I feel like the Inn itself and the grounds have been neglected. The gardens have so much potential but there were a lot of weeds and garden pots with old dead plants in them. The fridge didn’t work in our room and the bathroom tap kept running. Maintenance came quickly to fix those. One of the curtains was off 4 of the hooksand when we fixed it we noticed the curtain was dirty and moldy.Our room key cards kept demagnetizing and we had to replace them everyday. In the website photos in shows lounge chairs on the lawn so you can sit out and enjoy the view but there weren’t any. There was about 5 different people working the front desk in the 4 days we were there and we were told conflicting info and the last man was rude. There were ants on the grounds everywhere which would have been fine but when we went to use the hot tub they were in the water but there wasn’t any net to scoop them out and I really didn’t want to go to the front desk again. The spa was unorganized. The one time I went to go for my booked private steam, the spa was empty of towels so I had to go upstairs to the spa check in soaking wet to ask for a towel and there was also mildew all along the bottom of the shower in the spa.
. I was told that they were under new owners and then I was told they had gone through quite a few managers. Whatever the reason is, someone needs to give that place some much needed TLC

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank walkuslori
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Really looking forward to this trip, but unfortunately was disappointing. The rooms were nice and cosy and the wood burning fireplace was a nice touch. Very nice being so close to the water. However, a couple of things went wrong: our toilet broke, we had brown water coming out of our tap, and we practically had to beg to get our room cleaned- and in the end we got some clean towels and new firewood, but it didn't end up getting cleaned. For the money I expected better. We had one lovely waiter at the restaurant but generally staff were not particularly friendly. I wouldn't return.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Monica M
Reviewed January 13, 2018

Nice place and location. Rooms very well appointed, especially those with kitchens.
We came as family needing 2 units but were put into 2 totally different buildings, not so good. Cleaning lady once forgot to give new towels, not appreciated. Staff very nice but spa seems a little unorganized setting [and keeping] appointments. All in all 4 stars.

Room Tip: Get the rooms with direct ocean view.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family