All reviews wood burning fireplace ferry terminal pizza dining room sturdies bay hot tub active pass steam room bc ferries explore the island villa suites sunday night king size bed lounge chairs get away romantic getaway gulf islands
Reviewed July 19, 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel in a good location; I'm sure it's the nicest on the island. The room was clean and comfortable with a great view of the ferry terminal. Lovely grounds. The room did not have air conditioning but this wasn't a problem, as the outdoor temperature dropped significantly in the evening

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed June 14, 2018

We really enjoyed our weekend stay at Galiano Inn.

We booked a package with BC Ferries Vacations, so it nice to have the ferry reservations, hotel etc all looked after in advance.

The resort is a 5 minute drive from the ferry terminal, so your vacation begins very quickly upon arrival. Check in was a breeze, our room keys were ready to go and within a few minutes we were checked into our beautiful room. We booked a Queen Villa but were happy to find a King instead in our lovely second floor room. The views were amazing!

For the next day we had booked massage appointments and took advantage of the steam room which was included in our package and the hot tub. So relaxing!

We enjoyed the food service at the restaurant as well. The breakfast was really good, the wood fired pizza was also quite good, and Sunday night prime rib dinner was very good as well. While the service wasn't stellar it was decent and the view made up for it. You just can't find such a great oceanfront view at Galiano Inn!

I would definitely come again when looking for a quick relaxing getaway. It's easy to get to, has really nice amenities and is close to lots of parks for some walks and short hikes. There are some other food choices nearby just a short walk or drive away.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2018

We booked a 3-night package through BC Ferries, a good deal for supposedly a high-end resort.
The hotel has so much going for it, but the lack of a decent breakfast onsite, and few restaurant facilities after a day of sightseeing, made the trip unpleasant.

Specifically, the seats in our room were cracked and flaking, one had a large tear in it, and the sink had a large crack.
These are not difficult fixes.
The 'luxury robe' which I had to ask twice to get had a hole in the pocket and a tear in the lapel. Not big things, but in the context of the other annoyances, just one more black mark.

We ended up eating one breakfast at the local bakery, which had a limited and sugar-heavy menu, and the next day at another local eatery, which seemed to cater to road crews.

Even something as simple as coffee and muffins in the dining room would have made the entire experience far more positive.

I could pick at numerous other small things, but these are the ones that stand out the most.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hubert D
Reviewed June 2, 2018 via mobile

We came here midday and enjoyed the venue and view. The staff are friendly and our food was tasty, but it took over 20 minutes for someone to take our order and an hour for the food to arrive. They did offer to pay for our drinks as a result of the wait. Overall this is a great spot to chill, the lawn is a kid friendly area for play. But I’d say if you’re in any kind of rush, skip it.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Morgan W
Reviewed May 18, 2018

We booked a B.C. Ferries get away package at this resort and I was a little underwhelmed. The Inn is in a wonderful location but I feel like the Inn itself and the grounds have been neglected. The gardens have so much potential but there were a lot of weeds and garden pots with old dead plants in them. The fridge didn’t work in our room and the bathroom tap kept running. Maintenance came quickly to fix those. One of the curtains was off 4 of the hooksand when we fixed it we noticed the curtain was dirty and moldy.Our room key cards kept demagnetizing and we had to replace them everyday. In the website photos in shows lounge chairs on the lawn so you can sit out and enjoy the view but there weren’t any. There was about 5 different people working the front desk in the 4 days we were there and we were told conflicting info and the last man was rude. There were ants on the grounds everywhere which would have been fine but when we went to use the hot tub they were in the water but there wasn’t any net to scoop them out and I really didn’t want to go to the front desk again. The spa was unorganized. The one time I went to go for my booked private steam, the spa was empty of towels so I had to go upstairs to the spa check in soaking wet to ask for a towel and there was also mildew all along the bottom of the shower in the spa.
. I was told that they were under new owners and then I was told they had gone through quite a few managers. Whatever the reason is, someone needs to give that place some much needed TLC

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends