Crandell Mountain Lodge
Aspen Village(Waterton Lakes National Park)
US$93
US$90
Waterton Glacier Suites(Waterton Lakes National Park)(Great Value!)
US$136
Hotels.com
Bayshore Inn Resort & Spa(Waterton Lakes National Park)
US$120
Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort(Waterton Lakes National Park)
US$131
US$128
Travelocity
  • Pool
Northland Lodge(Waterton Lakes National Park)
US$154
US$149
Prince of Wales Hotel(Waterton Lakes National Park)
US$170
US$165
  • Restaurant
US$71
US$82
US$113
Priceline
Bear Mountain Motel(Waterton Lakes National Park)
All reviewsin townfresh baked cookieswithin walking distancequeen beda bit crampedgas fireplacebreakfast and dinnerpleasant stayroom keyno air conditioningthree nightswould stay here againbeds were comfortablesecond floornational parkspent two nightsvisiting waterton
Reviewed March 3, 2011

We stayed in the Bear's Den suite which was lovely. The room was spacious and clean, and not a lot of traffic walking past our window. A wood burning fireplace made it extra cozy, and the big jet-tub was romantic.
Jimmy was extremely helpful and friendly and completed our excellent experience.
We went to Waterton for show shoeing but ended up spending most of our time in our room because it was such a comfortable atmosphere.
Will definitely come again!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kimmis
Reviewed March 1, 2011

My grown sisters and I decided to get away for a weekend and connect. We didn't want all the pomp and fuss that many destinations bring. We wanted to reconnect and spend some quality time together! Crandell Lodge, some of us had stayed at before and we knew this would offer us exactly what we were looking for! The winter months are so beautiful in Waterton and we knew we would be in our element with cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. We stayed in the suite and cooked our own meals. There's a TV but not many stations so we brought a favorite movie and DVD to hook up which we watched later at night after a full day outdoors with lots of laughter and exquisite scenery. The rooms are so very clean, well equipped with kitchen items and blankets should we need them. The fresh cookies baked daily we'll never forget as such a small-town welcoming gesture. Jimmy, our host, was full of friendly advise and information when i booked as many people don't realize how quiet Waterton is this time of the year. I'm almost afraid too many people will get wind of our getaway spot and the best kept winter secret will get out!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank OutdoorGalCalgary
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Our purpose was ice climbing in Waterton. When we arrived, I had noticed much to my horror that I had forgotten my harness. We did an internet search and also talked to Jimmy (who manages the place) at the front desk of the hotel. With Jimmy's help, we found that the closest store that had a harness was Awesome Adventures in Lethbridge - about an hour and a half drive away. The problem was that it was 3:40pm and the store was only open until 5pm - that would be cutting it close especially with the winter driving conditions. I decided to give it a shot and try to drive out to Lethbridge thinking that my entire trip would be spent on the sidelines watching others climb the impressive ice in Waterton.
This is where Jimmy comes in. Jimmy decides to contact his son and daughter-in-law who were spending an afternoon in Lethbridge. Then he contacted Awesome Adventures to find out if we could pay over the phone and have someone else pick up the harness! Then he tells me to come to the front office. Much to my surprise, I walked into the front lobby and here's Jimmy telling me that he has someone picking up the harness for me as he is handing me the phone with Awesome Adventures on the line waiting for me to choose which harness to purchase!! Once I completed the sale, Jimmy gave me the names of his son and daughter-in-law so that the store would know who would be there to pick up the harness. What is quite amusing here is that once I finished the sale over the phone, guess who was at the front desk of the store asking to pick up the harness!
To make a long story short, I drove over to Mountain View (much closer than Lethbridge) and met Jimmy's daughter-in-law and picked up the harness. As far as I am concerned, Jimmy has made us permanent patrons of the Crandell Mountain Lodge, and that his (and his family) hospitality and generosity far exceeded what was ever expected. Because of Jimmy, we were able to have an incredible weekend of ice climbing!
Oh yeah, the cookies were awesome, too!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Derrick6718
Reviewed January 23, 2011

Crandell is a warm, cozy and quiet place to be. It kind of has a country feel, very relaxing. We wanted to get away from the hustle of the big city and relax, it was perfect. Jimmy and his wife were great, very hospitable and kind. As we were staying for a week, when we arrived they upgraded our room to a larger one with a full kitchen for no extra cost. Included with the room you get full access to the pool, sauna and hot-tub in the Rec Center. There is a full work out gym and recreation area with a Pool Table and Foosball. We used these daily. Free Continental Breakfast, which has lots of selection. We also went cross country skiing, there are lots of trails! Great place to stay!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jason M
Reviewed January 4, 2011

Small but very comfortable room with all the amenities. There is access to the Waterton Rec Centre, with dry sauna, hot pool and swimming pool: Perfect after a day of skiing or snowshoeing. Jimmy was super welcoming and friendly. Definately will return!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple