I've stayed twice now at this hotel and it's always been very nice. The decor can be a bit dated, but the rooms are clean, spacious and well-appointed. My husband and I went for a Deluxe Queen suite, which was well worth it as the room was huge and included a fireplace (not working while we were there however), fridge, microwave and small table with two chairs. Our suite was on the second floor and overlooked the front parking lot and street, which we thought might be a problem with noise, but we had no issues.
I would recommend that if you do have concerns about noise from other units that you make sure to get a second-floor room. We did hear the occassional noise from below and beside our unit, but I suspect if you were on the lower level it would be louder.
Also note that the rooms do not have phones and there is limited television reception. The wi-fi worked well though so as long as you don't mind using a mobile device for calls & other information it will work well.
The hotel itself is less than a 10 minute walk from the centre of town, which I found quite convenient. Overall I enjoy staying at the Crandell and will stay here when I find myself in the area again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Designated a Charming Inn of Alberta, Crandell Mountain Lodge is a rustic and quaint property that, with no telephones and few TV channels, feels like a true getaway. Guests receive complimentary use of the outdoor BBQ and access to the local Recreation Center. Choose from standard, deluxe, kitchenette, or the “Bear’s Den” that has a king size bed, fireplace and in-room jetted tub; it’s a favourite among our guests. The Crandell Mountain Lodge is a jewel within itself; with a feeling of a country bed and breakfast and the comfort of a lodge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Crandell Mountain Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crandell Mountain Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park
- Crandell Mountain Lodge Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta