Beautiful location and great architectural piece. Worth visiting. Staying, well... not sure.
We spent two nights at the hotel in August 2011. With such a location and presence, it is difficult to believe that the full potential of the hotel is not exploited. I found the rooms to be completely outdated, the restaurant / bar of modest quality, the parking lot in need of repair, etc. At about 250 dollars a night, the hotel falls in a price category where one would expect more; and I would venture to say that with modern accommodations, a fine restaurant, a spa, etc. this hotel could easily command a price of 500 /700 dollars a night.
A generous three star, and most likely a one time experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 1927, the Prince of Wales Hotel is located on the bluff overlooking picturesque Waterton Lakes and the township of Waterton, Alberta Canada. This stately hotel, named after Prince Edward, offers 86 guest rooms and a traditional British atmosphere complete with Afternoon Tea, the Royal Stewart Dining Room, Windsor Lounge, and the distinctive gift shop, Princess Gifts. The Prince of Wales Hotel is a smoke free, 7-story facility with designated outdoor smoking areas. Check-in time is after 3:00 p.m. and checkout time is 11:00 a.m. All rooms are accessed via stairs and are sold based on view or room size. An antique elevator is available for floors 2 through 4 and requires assistance to operate. There are no ADA-accessible rooms available at Prince of Wales Hotel. The self parking lot is located a short walk from the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Prince of Wales Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Prince Of Wales
- Prince Wales Hotel Waterton
- Prince Of Wales Hotel Waterton Lakes National Park, Alberta