“great time”

Waterton Lakes Lodge Resort
Lethbridge, Canada
“great time”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

my wife and i took a one night retreat and were treated to great service and a great time at this lodge. check in was so simple, they were so pleasant to deal with and very informative of what the hotel has to offer. the room we were given had two double beds instead of a single queen so that kind of wasnt good, but as far as "issues" go, thats such a minor one, that it is hardly worth mentioning (tho some people on this site will complain about ANYTHING). it just meant the wife and i had to cuddle a little closer ;). we never ate dinner at vimys but did eat breakfast there. it was good, not the best i ever had but definitely a nice way to start a beautiful morning after a wonderful night. stay here, you wont be upset

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jobe41off

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 24 March 2012

What a wonderful facility to stay for a winter retreat of x-skiing and snow shoeing! The service is excellent at the resort and restaurant. My room was very clean and comfortable. The only complaint I have is that time seems to just fly and an extra week would have suited me just fine. I will make this an annual get away. Thank you to all the wonderful service personelle who contributed to my enjoyable stay!!

Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Doreen B
Okotoks, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Had a great three day break. Two children and a dog, all very happy in our Kitchenette Suite. A very good room, plus kichen plus lounge for under $100/night. Swimming pool / health club a little tired, but pool was warm and clean.

Will definatly return in Feb 2013 for another break. Great to see Waterton in the winter. So quiet and secluded. Lots of snow helped.

Room Tip: Large Kitchen Suite perfect for two kids plus dog.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nick W
Paris, France
Reviewed 20 February 2012

What a great way to spend the weekend. Tons of activities for the whole family, great food, awesome service and some sweet live music! It was just a fantastic weekend for my family and I. Highly recommended for anybody looking to get away from it all.

• Stayed February 2012
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I attended a weekend seminar at the Wateron Lakes Lodge at the end of January. The accomodations and the facilities for the seminar were very good. Julie, Keirstyn, and the other serving staff provided excellent service in the restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I used to work for a 5-star Hotel, so I know exactly how to place a hotel reservation. I booked a 1 bedroom suite for my family of 4 over the phone, I then wrote down all the details, including the clerks name etc. I phoned back the day before check-in to confirm our reservation. Both times I spoke with staff who barely spoke English and didn't seem to understand a word I was saying when I tried to confirm what I had booked.

When we arrived the next day to check in, we were given the keys to a tiny, shoddy, over-priced room, that did not have the separate bedroom that we had booked. We went back to the front desk, where they told us that was all that was available. After driving for most of the day, our family then stood at their front desk for over an hour, while they mumbled to each other and made a weak attempt to help us.

In the end, they phoned 1 other hotel and then said that everything in town was sold out, so our only option was to take their room. I said we'd be back in a few minutes and walked across the street and found exactly what we needed at Glacier Suites. To top it off, when we booked over the phone they said they had to charge the first night on our credit card at the time of booking (approx $300/night). But when we told them we found a place on our own, they said the refund would take 3-5 days to go through!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank Terry C

Travellers are raving about these Waterton Lakes National Park hotels

Livermore, Calif.
Reviewed 11 November 2011

This room was very comfortable and close to everything, so walking around the town was fun. Beautiful views.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple