Tree Frog Bistro
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 31 August 2017

This was my first fish and chips($14) in 4 years of being celiac. Not only were the fish and chips excellent, but they make their own ketchup which was exceptional. However, on our way through 3 weeks later we went back for exactly the same, but the ketchup was a different recipe and not as good. No worries, I'll still be back. And they had GF beer as well!(7.25) We sat on the deck and watched the sun going down.

1  Thank 34oceanspirit

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

Just went into Tree Frog for appies last night and I must say, since the new owners have taken over it has changed and has changed for the better!!! The food was awesome! The service was just as awesome and we even got to chat with the new owner and he was super nice!

I highly recommend that anyone who was not happy when the previous owners were running it give Tree Frog a second chance and you won't be disappointed!!!

Reviewed 15 August 2017

We had a great meal here - crabcakes, steamed clams, blackened humboldt squid, and soup to start, with a delicious steelhead for main, all washed down with some local beer. The service was quick and friendly, the view of the ocean was beautiful (there's a back patio so you can enjoy the fresh air) but it was the food that really stood out. Fresh ingredients, creatively put together. A gem of a restaurant, and very highly recommended.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

very good food, except for dessert, & excellent service. try the salmon & kalarmari - both very good.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

I dined their twice while in Powell River. Both times I had seafood and both times it was excellent. The delivery was well presented and the service was top notch. I highly recommend this lovely bistro with a wonderful deck overlooking the ocean.