Review Highlights
The Great Outdoors

We had a fabulous kayak trip. Our group consisted of 9 guests and two guides. The guides were very... read more

Reviewed September 10, 2018
HHappy2014
Vancouver, Canada
A truly magical experience

My family and I did a 5-day trip with Alix and Graham. Excellent guides who showed us the magic of... read more

Reviewed August 25, 2018
Lupedani
North Vancouver, Canada

All reviews day trip desolation sound double kayak boat traffic high quality cabana resort perfect weather base camp late august home made bad weather safety talk eco resort stunning location amazing lunch flush toilets amazing food
Reviewed August 23, 2015

Trip comprised of me, my son (who turned 12 on the 3rd day out), and three adults. We were ably guided by Luke, who has an encyclopedic knowledge of the area, including tiny islands and beaches. The kayaks were top notch and logistics were managed professionally. Everyone had a splendid time, replete with great food, fantastic swimming and stunning campsites.

Reviewed August 20, 2015

We were a diverse group of six, various ages and abilities, teenagers and seniors. We went on the three-night tour with two guides, Luke and Alix. I can't imagine how they could have done more to make sure the trip worked for everyone. We paddled a total of four hours each day, typically a morning session and an afternoon one.

Safety first was the rule: our guides were always on the lookout for hazards, and kept everyone together wherever there was other boat traffic.

Gourmet meals were routine. In the morning there was a choice of French press or espresso coffee. We had fresh fruit and veggies with every meal, as well as homemade sauces and energy bars. Every attempt was made to accommodate special diets.

Enthusiasm and good cheer were constant companions. Our guides were constantly on the lookout for a likely place to spot wildlife (which we did in abundance, although the whales evaded us), another beautiful view, or the need of a helping hand.

Luke and Alix worked overtime to make sure we would have a trip to remember for a lifetime. As an added bonus, our group became very cohesive, and we came away with several new friends.

We brought our own double kayak and were given a discount for that. It is true that the beaches were often rocky, but the guides were very careful with lifting our boat as well when it was necessary to beach them.

Reviewed August 11, 2015 via mobile

We had a amazing trip!!! Ken and Kelly were wonderful guides!!! We had wonderful food, learned so much about wildlife, and had a great experience. Highly recommend this experience!!! It was a wonderful trip!!

Reviewed July 13, 2015

A superb alternative to buying time on a charter boat to see Desolation Sound. Sea kayak from Okeover inlet to the lodge on Kinghorn Island then spend the remainder of your trip using that as your base. We had a guide, there were three of us and another couple. There are four cabanas each with their own shower and sink. The cabanas look out into Desolation Sound.

Date of experience: July 2015
Reviewed July 9, 2015

I went for a 3 day/2 night kayak tour to Desolation Sound. Our guides, Jan and Alex were fantastic. The food was amazing with only 2 propane stoves! Weather at the start was cloudy and raining...but I didn't even notice. Adam met me when I came to their site and got me squared away with dry bags and equipment. We loaded the Kayaks and got under way in short order. Besides myself there were a family of 5 with 2 teens and another single. All nice people looking for an adventure. Which is what we had. We paddled to Hare Point for our campsite after a lunch in Grace Harbor. Dinner was a delicious chicken stir-fry. The next day we paddled to the Curme Islands for lunch. Time spent looking at the myriad sea anemones, starfish, sea cucumbers in the crystal clear water in this peaceful place renewed my spirit. Dinner that night was over the moon: cheese fondue for an appy followed by peppercorn steak, roasted potatoes and broccoli and a chocolate fondue with fresh pineapple and banana. Whew! I'm planning a day trip with the family when we go back in August and I'll definitely return to do a longer trip next year. I can't recommend these guys enough!

Date of experience: June 2015