“Best Brownies”
Review of Base Camp

Base Camp
Description: Base Camp was built for the Powell RIver community, a warm and welcome place to meet before going out on your journey. Our ever changing menu using local and seasonal ingredients, fresh coffee, local artwork and curated music are some of the reasons to come by and hangout.
Reviewed March 22, 2017

Okay so I'm normally in my afternoon lull when I head over to Base Camp for a pick-me-up. Which normally consists of a brownie and something to drink. They make their food in-house, which means lots of variety and it's often never exactly the same thing twice. I go fairly often, and for a reason. Quick service, local shop, and the best brownies short of homemade.

Reviewed March 5, 2017

Visited the Base Camp three or four times during a recent P.R. visit, and really enjoyed it. Friendly staff, interesting artwork, good coffee, pastries and sandwiches. There was at least one or two vegetarian sandwich choices, which I appreciated. I even bought two coffee mugs - amazing artwork by Vrinda Palacios. (Hadn't heard of her, just liked the octopus). Anyway, even the sink/mirror in the restroom is a work of art. Now, as others have mentioned, the benches aren't super-comfortable, but are fine for a short to medium length visit. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed January 9, 2017

Base Camp is an adorable Sunshine Coast treasure. A few friends and I hunkered down in here to await the rest of our group arriving later on the ferry. We were pleasantly surprised by the delicious cauliflower soup and yummy coffee, as well as the level of service we received. The lovely barista (Jessie?) chatted to us for ages, even as she began to close up shop. Perfect little cafe!

Reviewed January 6, 2017

If you want to fill yourself up "goodness", eat here! Food that taste like real food can be found at this funky little place. Beautiful soups that taste good for you (not over-salted or filled with sugars and preservatives), wholesome sandwiches and the absolute BEST London Fog!

Reviewed January 4, 2017

This little café is a very popular new hang out which serves breakfast and lunch and muffins etc. Amazing bathroom design and overall design