“A Good Experience”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Food was a bit pricey but extremely good and the portions we large. Service was a bit slow but the restaurant was busy as it was a Saturday. They servers did a great job regardless as our order was 100% accurate.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I have had breakfast here 3 times and have loved it. Service has been great and friendly most the time, coffee is decent.

Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Our weekly lunch group had the pleasure of eating at Magpies this week. I always have the Blackstone Benny and it’s always great! The odd time I feel like eating a bit healthier, I substitute the yummy hash browns with the fruit cup. It’s sooo nice to be able to order breakfast items the whole time they are open.
The service can be a bit slow at times as it’s usually busy at breakfast and lunch but worth the wait. Go early!
The prices seem on par with other restaurants in town.
There is local art for sale on the walls so it adds a different artsy touch. The building is retro and brings back memories for all the locals who used to go to it when it was a store.
It’s a unique experience for sure!

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Ordered my food and it was fairly great.I had to wait and ask for peanut butter and jam ... the girl there took quite a while to get the jam to my table and said that the peanut butter was natural and she had to stir it so I waited a bit more, asked again and noticed she was still stirring the peanut butter so I said I could wait. It never came, her reasoning is it was on the back counter and thought I had returned it for being runny and not quite stirred enough. I informed her that I would tell her if I had a concern. So minute though so I wasnt overly upset as the rest of the food was so tasty. Ended up just sitting there for almost 4 hours drinking their yummy coffee :)

Reviewed 21 January 2018 via mobile

Great food. Breakfasts and lunch. A Cranberry area hot spot for everyone. Bright and open with the old time diner feel. I go there every week. You really have to see it when you visit Powell River.