“Very Bad Experience Here”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hornby Island
Ford's Cove Marina Waterfront Cottages
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hornby Island
Reviewed 1 July 2008

Had planned a special weekend visit to Hornby with my partner and was referred to this establishment. Upon arrival I gave them my credit card and was billed for two nights. We should have asked to see the cottage first. Three of the 6 cottages have a water view, ours was one of the other three clustered around a d grubby dead grass area. When we entered the cottage we were appalled by the shabbiness, the floors were dirty and countertop unwiped and sticky. We're generally okay with rustic when it comes to cottages, but this was just tacky, with tired worn out bedding and furniture and unclean. We returned to the office and asked if we could cancel, the woman there said it would not be a problem and tried to run a refund on the debit machine. She could not figure out how to do it but reassured us that it would not be a problem. Much relieved, we made arrangements to stay at another resort on the island where we had a wonderful stay.
Later on, I called the credit card company to make sure that the refund had been posted and they told me that it could easily be done with a phone call from the resort -no need to use the debit machine. I called the resort to tell them this and the woman we had dealt with said, "Don't worry I have spoken to the manager, it will be done within the hour." The next day I received a call from the manager, he was extremely rude and refused to honour his employee's promise to refund the card. Unfortunately I got stuck with a $230.00 bill. Be warned, check the room before you pay!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled on business
3  Thank gulfislandguy

Reviewed 19 December 2006

I found fords cove marina on yahoo, [--]the website is they have the best sunset in hornby island

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
A TripAdvisor Member
Vancouver B.C>
Reviewed 14 June 2006

I had a great experience this year in Hornby Island. The Ford's Cove Marina is a very professional company and the cottages was very clean, with an amazing view.
It is the best place to see the sun set.
Also i would like to advise that Ford's Cove Marina and Ford's Cove cottages it is not the same company so if you are going to Hornby Island you should check out Ford's Cove Marina.

• Stayed: June 2006
10.8 km away
Lighthouse Motel
Lighthouse Motel
#7 of 10 in Qualicum Beach

Been to Ford's Cove Marina Waterfront Cottages? Share your experiences!