“The 12 Days of Christmas at Butchart Gardens”

The Butchart Gardens
Book In Advance
US$56.42*
Butchart Gardens Tour from Victoria
US$160.96*
Victoria and Butchart Gardens Day Trip from Vancouver
US$279.25*
and up
Victoria and Butchart Gardens with Victoria Clipper to Seattle One-Way from...
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: These internationally acclaimed floral display gardens and National Historic Site of Canada started over 100 years ago and remain privately owned by the family. Jennie Butchart wanted to make her husband's depleted limestone quarry look better and the result is the Sunken Garden. Other gardens include the Rose Garden, the Japanese Garden and the Italian Garden. The gardens are meticulously maintained and provide a riot of colour for much of the year. During the summer, special lighting subtly illuminates the gardens, musical entertainment takes place on the Concert Lawn, and there are ten spectacular Saturday night Firework Shows. The Magic of Christmas season also has beautiful lighting and evening entertainment, and an outdoor skating rink. Spring offers hundreds of thousand flowering bulbs and Autumn is the time for dahlias, chrysanthemums and fall colours. The Gardens is open daily, year round.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 9 December 2012

This has become a yearly family tradition for us, the light display is absolutely awesome, a must see to get into the Christmas spirit. We enjoy drinking hot chocolate walking through the light displays guessing what the characters represent, so much fun! I recommend this attraction to anyone who loves the Christmas season, we have taken many friends and family members year after year with us. Planning to go again this year and every year in the future. *Side note: I would recommend that you review the lyrics to the 12 Days before you go, as it can get quite confusing/frustrating trying to figure out what your looking at, when you don't remember the words!*

There are newer reviews for The Butchart Gardens

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Holiday lights are an absolute delight. The 12 Days of Christmas are magical. Entertainment also, as well as ice skating. Be decadent and have high tea at the gardens. Everything is wheelchair accessible. Was there is rain and it didn't "dampen" the experience at all! Even i fyou have seen the gardens in full bloom, this is worth another visit.

Reviewed 8 December 2012

On a visit to Victoria BC this week we drove to the Butchart Gardens to see the holiday lights. It was well worth the price as it was extremely well done. My grandchildren (5 and 2) where completely mesmerized and never got bored and squirmy. Loved it. Highlight of the trip

Reviewed 5 December 2012

My husband and I received complimentary passes for the gardens, and thank goodness! If I had to pay 25+ per person to enter, I might have turned around. Admission is totally overpriced. My husband made an astute observation that the grounds were EXTREMELY over staffed, which might be contributing to the inflated admission cost. However, the grounds were lovely, and they offered complimentary unbrellas for patrons. The hightlight for me was the cheese biscuit that I enjoyed while sitting by the fire in the coffee shop! The view from the dockside lookout also stands out. The rain infused the air with hints of cedar and eucalyptus.The gift shop offers nothing unique and charges a fortune for it. I will probably go back in the summer just to see the flowers in bloom. If you are a local, you can purchase a year pass for $50 per person. I could complain about more little things that bothered me, but, it is a beautiful garden space as opposed to a parking lot or cement factory, so they are doing something right!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

This attraction never fails to impress visitors to Vancouver Island. Though we live 3 hours distant, we usually take our visitors here and we have never been disappointed. It takes while to visit so a picnic is nice to include if the weather allows.