“Once or Twice a Year”

Quality Inn Waddling Dog
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Reviewed 19 October 2017

It is our regular place now. We had room 126 , a surprise : the renovated bathroom -
top job - and also the absence of a "tudoresque" room odor, which seemed to bother others, we felt it lent authenticity to Elizabethan times.
The W-Dog is close to ferries in Sidney and Mill Bay not to far from downtown and especially it is close to a few friends. Oct. 2017 D.F.H.H.

Room Tip: Rooms with north orientation are quiet, is the hotel historic ? after all its Tudor !
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 October 2017

This hotel looks really English. It is very quiet and has a very friendly staff.
It is just 6 minutes from Victoria airport .Is is reasonably priced and has
a liquor outlet , a great pub and a top notch restaurant all under one roof.
I will definatey be staying here again.

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room as we did.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, quiet. Had what we needed but if you go hoping to see the dog, don't. Breakfast was excellent and the hostess was very friendly and kept everything full and looking nice! Plenty of towels and linens. Very clean also. Mattress was comfortable with room to stretch out. Didn't eat in the attached pub but there is a restaurant across the highway.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Everything about this place was fantastic during the day. Staff was excellent and the hotel was clean and charming. The reason for my 2 star rating is that I like to sleep and there was no sleep to be had at this Inn. This was due to the roaring traffic ALL NIGHT right outside the hotel. I over heard a women in the breakfast area asking to be moved to the back side of the hotel in hopes it would be more quiet.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jill_degroote
Dominic P, General Manager at Quality Inn Waddling Dog, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and I am happy to hear that you found our Inn to be beautiful. It really is a very charming little hotel. I am very sorry, however, that you found it noisy at night. It is not a comment we hear often as our new windows make the rooms very quiet. I hope you will return on your next visit to Victoria and we will be sure to give you a room on the back side of the hotel. Safe travels and best regards.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Enjoyed the stay.
Staff was fabulous/very helpful.
- Had to cancel one of the rooms on the reservation after the cancellation cutoff time because of car trouble. The staff was very cooperative and cancelled the reservation with no charge.
- Had a few guests (family of 4) visiting us in the morning. The hotel staff had no concern around them joining us for the Free Continental Breakfast.

Was truelly pleased with the service offered.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Alta321
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

When we first pulled into the parking lot, I thought to myself that the hotel was different looking. Upon entering the hotel, I fell in love. It was nice to see something a little different than the usual hotel lobby. It was older, but beautiful. It reminded me of going antiquing. I adored it. My next thought was that the rooms may be a bit older too. To my surprise, our room was quite modern. Big comfy bed, big tv and modern bathroom. And the a/c and wifi worked well. It might not be to everyone's taste though, depending on how modern you like things. My husband and I just loved it. We didn't try the breakfast, so I can't speak to that. But it was pretty central to most things so getting around was a breeze. We would definitely recommend this place, especially if you're looking for " not your average" hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ada B
Reviewed 17 August 2017

Been a few years since our last stay. Great beds and updated bathrooms. One of the better hotels on the island. Staff were very hospitable. Great location close to the airport and the ferry service. We would definitely return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
10.3 km away
Howard Johnson Hotel and Suites Victoria Elk Lake
18.7 km away
Best Western Plus Carlton Plaza Hotel

Been to Quality Inn Waddling Dog? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn Waddling Dog

Address: 2476 Mt. Newton Cross Roads, Central Saanich, British Columbia V8M 2B8, Canada
Region: Canada > British Columbia > Vancouver Island > Victoria Capital Regional District > Central Saanich
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Price Range: $108 - $170 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn Waddling Dog 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Quality Inn Waddling Dog reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Quality Inn Waddling Dog Hotel Saanichton