“Scenic location + good restaurant”

Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Central Saanich
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We slept for two nights in a very comfortable king bed, from which we could look through our patio doors to the small marina and ferry stop below.The restaurant prepared and delivered outstanding breakfast trays each morning. If the weather had been warmer, we would have enjoyed them on the patio; instead we cozied up to the gas fireplace in the living area of our room. There were also two leather easy chairs with matching hassock, entertainment cabinet with a large flat-screen TV. A Keurig coffee maker, tea kettle and the necessary go-withs were all provided.
The spacious bathroom features a large jetted tub, a separate glass shower, good-sized vanity. The low-flush Toto toilet was in an adjoining small room, a thoughtful touch.
We were warmly welcomed and treated graciously by all the friendly, courteous staff in the hotel as well as in the restaurant. It made us feel like special guests - so nice! Thank you to everyone at Brentwood Bay! We'll be back!. In the meantime, we're telling our friends about our most pleasant stay. Two nights were not enough - we didn't have time to visit the spa. Instead we spent most of the day enjoying nearby beautiful Butchart Gardens.

Room Tip: Our room was on the ground floor overlooking the marina. Room 109's patio came with table and tw...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bermudafan65
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

The pleasure is ours! I am delighted that you are planning a return and I do hope you have the opportunity to stay a little longer. If you plan on returning to the Butchart Gardens as well, it may be worth considering our 3-night Romantic Package which includes a gourmet three-course breakfast every morning, a bottle of sparkling wine on arrival, and two admission passes to the Butchart Gardens. Thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

We throughly enjoyed our relaxing time at Brentwood Bay. If you can't unwind here, then you are in real trouble.
We came from Calgary to enjoy some real 'spring' weather over spring break and split our holiday between downtown Victoria and Brentwood Bay. Brentwood Bay was the relaxing part of the holiday for sure! Don't be confused by reviews that say there is no where to eat other than at the resort. We found a great little coffee shop (JJ's) and a bakery (Breadstuffs Bakery) just up the hill from the resort (and everything is uphill, but it's just a refreshing walk). However, we did eat at the resort pub 3 times, mostly because I became addicted to the seafood chowder. I am not sure what they put in it, but once you eat...you will just want more (and I NEVER order the same thing over and over!). There is yummy food in the pub and great service. Such a nice place...you won't want to go home...

1  Thank cinnamom24
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2012

We call it “Island Time”—time rolls on at a slower pace on the Island which certainly allows travelers the opportunity to catch their breath and relax. This is especially true of our little seaside village of Brentwood Bay which is ideal for strolling and exploration. We have cute cafes, restaurants and bakeries as you mentioned. Just steps from our resort, there is a lovely paved path along the waterfront that meanders past a boat builder and a marina. Rent out one of our kayaks and explore the coastline from the water. There are several wineries in the area open for tastings. Take a bottle back to your suite and sip a malbec while watching the Brentwood Bay ferry come and go from your outdoor patio. We take things a little easier here. I am happy you were able to experience this.

Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 11 April 2012

This was probably the best hotel we will ever stay in. We are from Victoria, wanted a night's getaway, and booked into Brentwood Bay for a romantic evening. The front desk staff were terrific and welcoming, and when we got to the room it was even nicer than we had imagined. Beautiful west-coast decor, a unique shutter window in the bathroom that let us look out over the ocean while we sat in the tub... exquisite.

The restaurant was also great. Similar food to the oak bay Bistro and Cafe Brio, done extremely well and served by an obviously experienced staff. We were not rushed, the food came out at the perfect moment every time, and the view out over the marina was great.

An all around terrific mini-vacation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Greetings impawnu! Thank you for the very positive review of your overnight getaway with us. We are proud that we were able to deliver warm and professional service that resulted in a great experience for you. I will be sure to pass on your compliments to the front desk and Seagrille team. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 1 April 2012

What a great little get away from city life. I would highly recommend this for a quiet couple's get away (note no kids, no pets, no smoking allowed). Jacuzzi tub, fireplace, leather recliners to sit and watch activity in the marina. The perfect place to just relax and enjoy the slow pace of life in Brentwood Bay. My only complaint is the service in the restaurants was terrible - so slow, waited a long time for even our drink order, appetizers and the bill. Room service was much more prompt and at no extra charge. You really don't have any other food options in the neighbourhood so you are 'stuck' with the hotel. The food is fine, but the service needs improvement.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe ocean suite, next time I'd go up a level to the one bedroom unit.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Serene, peaceful, and romantic—what a perfect description of the setting we are so fortunate to have! While we expect your time with us to be relaxing and unhurried, we certainly strive to provide service which is prompt and efficient. It is disappointing to hear that we did not deliver on this service promise and be assured that this is not commonplace. I value your feedback and have reviewed it with the food and beverage management team. Thank you for choosing us for your getaway and we hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I absoutlely loved this resort. The rooms were beautiful with spectacular views of the bay and marina. The hot tub was clean (yay - I'm very picky about this) and perfect temp at 102. I loved the balcony to just sit and relax with a drink. The entire stay was wonderful. I had a relaxation massage and it was very good and throughout the entire resort every staff member was a pleasure to encounter. Very nice, welcoming and helpful. The manger, he is featured in the videos, is very kind. He was even nice when I had my glass with me out at the hot tub. I assured him I would not break it and I didn't! Great spot, talked with locals who moore their boat year-round and really enjoyed the pub too. We had an easy light dinner of prawn pizza and ceasar salad and it was perfect! The next morning we ate at the Seagrille and it was delicious! Very good food and presentation. Excellent service, I highly recommend this resort, spa and restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2012

Thank you for this wonderful review and I am delighted to see the perfect score too! I have passed on your compliments to the Marina Manager, Mathew, and shared this with the rest of the team. It is our goal to exceed our guests’ expectations at every opportunity so I am happy we achieved this in your experience. I hope to welcome you back as our guests in the future!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

My husband wanted to take me somewhere special for the big 60. I wasn't sure until we got there and I started to relax immediately. The high ceiling suite was so beautiful, with a fireplace, jaccuzzi tub with peak-a-boo window and candles ready to light. We even managed a drink of wine on our deck before the rains came! We had reserved a table at the restaurant and were not disappointed. Great service, excellent food, especially my husband's seafood rissotto. The hotel sent some chocolate truffles to our room for my birthday! The next day we enjoyed the heated swimming pool and hot tub outdoors (even in the rain storm). The cost included breakfast and it was huge. My favorite was the seafood benny. They even provided gluetin free bread. The whole experience was super (except the pub was a bit of a disappointment with my soup being OK and my husband's fish and chips cold. (They did replace the chips upon request.) We would definitely return and enjoy the main restaurant and the sushi bar. A very special experience to be remembered.

Room Tip: The rooms on the 3rd floor have a high ceiling and the lower rooms have more space.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Happy birthday to you Mickey1952! I am delighted that you attained the respite you needed and that you brought back some special memories of this milestone occasion. We will look forward to your return.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

From just sitting outside with sun shining upon your face, while listening to the wind in the trees, and as eagles soar above the bay.A place great place to just get away,and relax. The meals in both the Seagrille and the Pub were great and the staff throughout all the resort were excellent.See you all next year on The Dine Around Stay In Town,thanks again for another great weekend.

The Andersons

1  Thank VictoriaLaxman
MgrBrentwoodBay, Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2012

What a beautiful description of your experience! Thank you for sharing it. I hope that feeling of relaxation lasted well into the work week. I will look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again next year. Until then!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Central Saanich
The Fairmont Empress
#21 of 49 in Victoria
Hotel Grand Pacific
#13 of 49 in Victoria

Been to Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!