All reviews the pub butchart gardens jetted tub vancouver island gas fireplace view of the bay small marina third floor room rain shower ferry dock beautiful resort floor to ceiling windows romantic getaway local ferry minute drive outdoor pool downtown victoria
Reviewed March 22, 2016 via mobile

My wife and I travelled here last week from our stay in Tofino. It was a little off the beaten path but extremely easy to get to. Very close to the airport which was perfect for us. The room was very clean and modern. The room we had overlooked the pool and a bit of a view of the bay. The pub and restaurant attached to the hotel was extremely delicious. We would stay her again for sure!

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
Thank The FC Company ... C
LeadershipTeam, Front Office Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2016

Thank you for your wonderful review of the resort! We are lucky to be in the location we are, with all rooms offering a view of the bay and proximity to the airport and ferry terminal being so convenient. We are thrilled you enjoyed all aspects of the resort and hope to welcome you back in the near future!

Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

I've stayed here each year for the last 5-6 years. It's a total breath of fresh air ... pretty scenery, great food, attentive staff, and modern rooms. Time it right (March is good), and you'll be greeted with a glass of homemade cider, which is great.

The Brentwood is unique and always pleases, if not tickles my senses.

In some hotels you always have to be on your guard ... after day 3 of a typical trip I occasionally find my head hurts trying to remember the correct room number (and occasionally the correct hotel). In the Brentwood, I can switch off and recharge (even if only for a day before resuming the challenge of more mainstream US hotel chains).

So, I'm off for a quick snap before an early dinner.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business

Thank you Whyisthisdifficult for sharing your experience with us. I am thrilled that you have been joining us here for the past 6 years! It is great to hear that you were able to relax and unwind in our cozy resort. Here at Brentwood Bay resort we strive to create memorable experiences for every guest who joins us. We really appreciate your kind words about our beautiful scenery, modern rooms, and our dedicated staff that strives to make every stay unique. Once again thank you for your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2016

My boyfriend & I stayed here for the first time in January of 2016. We got the one bedroom suite & it was amazing with a view of the docks and parts of the ocean. Our room was on the first level and had its own private hot tub! Absolutlely fell in love with this place. Can't wait to go back!!

Some quick info below:

Location: About 20 minutes from the Swartz Bay Ferry Terminal.

Staff: Very friendly and welcoming as soon as you enter. Offer you Champagne at the front desk.

Room: Very Spacious. Comfortable king size bed. Spacious washroom with jacuzzi and separate shower. Clean with tv in the bedroom and tv in the living room. The pictures on their website are outdated. They have upgraded the TV in the living room. The room was very clean.

Outdoor Hot Tub: It was private, clean, and fairly hot. Made for 2 people max.

Food: We had breakfast in the restaurant and it was delicious. We also tried out the pub in the resort as well and it was a fun atmosphere. We watched the NFL Playoffs. Food was great as well as the service.

Overall, had an amazing time. We live on the mainland and this place was only a ferry ride away. We didn't leave the resort once. It was a nice cozy weekend. Can't say enough about this place.

Stayed: January 2016
LeadershipTeam, Front Office Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2016

Thank you rdhaliwal for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear your first stay with us was a nice cozy one. Here at Brentwood Bay resort we strive to create a memorable experiences for every guests who joins us. Thank you for your comment and we are looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 16, 2016 via mobile

Visited Brentwood Bay Resort for a very romantic honeymoon! We had a room on the second floor and it was beyond gorgeous! The view was stunning, and the room itself was clean, comfortable and luxurious! We got the 3 night romantic Butchart Gardens package. The champagne and truffles on arrival made it all the more romantic! We opted to have the provided breakfast in our room on our balcony and I would go back today to have the French toast. The staff was so accommodating, welcoming and friendly. We had a couples massage and it was so relaxing, we loved every moment we booked another for during our stay.

We also did some chartered fishing during our stay and the hotel kitchen kept our fish frozen for us overnight so we could take it home with us! 5 stars, we loved our stay and hope to be back one day!

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
LeadershipTeam, Front Office Manager at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2016

Congratulations jpetrisor! we are delighted you chose to stay with us for your honeymoon. A romantic couples massage is an excellent way to celebrate. Thank you for sharing your experience. It was our pleasure to welcome you to the resort. We look forward to welcoming you back and create more romantic memories.

Reviewed March 14, 2016

Hubby, dog and I visited Brentwood Bay Resort and Spa for the first time this past weekend. I was referred to the resort having visited their Willow Lodge in Bellevue, WA and having a wonderful time with two girlfriends about two years ago. A friend had recommended Brentwood Bay as a sister resort, with the same level of comfort and hospitality. I purchased a Living Social coupon and hoped for the best.

Hubby and I were not disappointed. The resort is located a quick 15 - 20 minutes from the Swartz Bay ferry terminal. Finding the place is not difficult at all, even without a GPS. There are some cute shops with cottage charm as you drive into the resort. Our trip took place on a semi-rainy weekend so we were somewhat restricted to indoor activities (especially with a dog) but on a sunny day, I could definitely see how you could wander the streets on Wallace Drive for some time. Lots of great coffee shops that are non-Starbucks as well.

Parking lot was great - just big enough for all the guests. Check-in was a breeze. Juan and other staff loved my dog and were very helpful in showing us to our room. We stayed in Rm. 104 (bottom level ) of a three level resort building. We stayed in what I believe was an Ocean Villa room. One king bed, two easy chairs, fireplace, small table, TV, fridge stocked with drinks, coffee/tea, amazing jet soak tub, shower. The room was a bit smaller than the one at Willows Lodge, but included a small patio and walkway to the marina. This was a godsend as I could take my dog out as often as I wanted when he needed to relieve himself just by sliding open the patio doors. Again, if it was warmer out, I could imagine having a peaceful breakfast or evening drinks outside. Floors in the bathroom are heated. Amazing smelling toiletries from local BC-producers Deserving Thyme.

I liked our room - it was the perfect size for a couple + small dog. I especially loved that they had a small bed and two bowls (with treats!) waiting for my pup. I always bring my dog's own bowls and bed when we're traveling because it he likes the smell of "home" but I truly appreciate the small touches the resort made to be dog-friendly.

The resort itself is quite beautiful. Besides the room, the view of the marina is lovely. When the skies did clear, it was nice to take a walk down the marina pier to see all the boats. I imagine it gets busier during the summer, but it was a refreshing walk for me + dog.

We had a credit that could be used for food or the spa and we chose to use it on room service and meals at the restaurant located on the main floor. The Seagrille restaurant has a beautiful view. We only managed to go for breakfast. I had one of the benedicts (half size was perfect if you're not a big breakfast eater) and the second time I had some side dishes (toast, fruit). Dinner seemed pricey - especially the sushi although we are used to Vancouver prices where you can get a California roll for less than a McDonalds meal! We did get dessert sent up to our room and it was a yummy trio of mango, lemon and raspberry sorbet. One of the best I've had in a long time. Note: the Seagrille is closed for lunch, but the pub side is open. The pub also has an outdoor patio which would have been great to try in warmer weather.

I'm sorry I didn't bring my swimsuit to take advantage of what looked like a pretty quiet pool and outdoor sauna. I could view both from our room and it looked very inviting. Tip: if you're looking for filtered water, you can fill up your water bottle just by the door to the pool. There's a water cooler that's always full. The spa - if you're interested - is also located on the lower level. We didn't have the time to try it out this time, but prices are about what you'd expect from a resort.

While the resort is amazing, you need to drive out a bit to explore Saanich or Victoria. We spent most of our time in Uptown or the Mayfair Shopping Centre area. The Uptown Mall is an outdoor mall - there are still a lot of empty storefronts but I can tell it will be a hit with the warmer weather. Most of the stores are women apparel merchants (sorry guys!) although there is a big Best Buy and a two-level colossal Wal-Mart if you need anything. Food-wise there was a Cupcakes, a juicery, a sushi place, Starbucks, and a few other unremarkable places. My dog loved being able to walk around and into the stores with us.

We didn't have enough time to make it to downtown, but that would have been another option if we had an extra day. The other option would have been to check out Sidney and some of the public markets on the Saturdays. Next time! One downside of this sleepy charming town is that everything pretty much closes at 6 pm on the weekend and at 8 pm on Fridays. It makes for an early evening at the resort unless you want to spend some time at the bar or just unwinding at the pool.

Tips for staying at the resort:
- If you're staying with a pet, I think they only offer the lower rooms (1st floor level) but that is preferable because as I mentioned earlier, you do have access to the outdoor patio which is great for letting your dog in and out.
- If you're staying by yourself, any of the other rooms would be fine (on the 2nd or 3rd level). I felt very safe walking by myself throughout the resort, even at night. Some of the corner rooms looked like they had an outdoor hot tub on their patio, but best to inquire. I only spotted this when I was walking on the marina and looked up.
- If you're wanting to splurge, there are the Ocean Villas located right next door to the resort. They include full kitchen, more living space and bedrooms, and individual parking spaces.
- Although the resort is pet-friendly, finding places to eat with a dog was a bit of a challenge. We couldn't bring our dog into the Seagrille and in warmer weather, we might have gotten away with going to the pub's balcony. But for March, it was a bit tough and so we resorted a lot to take out and eating in or fast-fooding where we could. We rarely leave our dog alone when we're in a hotel/resort situation so this probably didn't make things easier.
- If you're traveling solo, this resort is very tranquil and quiet. Perfect for a weekend detox with some books and magazine or if you just want a quick retreat. I would feel safe coming to this place by myself or with a BFF.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms for those w/pets. Ask about corner suites with hot tub on the patio. Might be worth the extra $$.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anemone350

Thank you very much for your thorough comment Mrs. Anemone350. I am so happy you had such a lovely stay. We were delighted to welcome you, your husband and your adorable dog in his rain jacket. You are correct, you stayed in an Ocean Suite, which is one of our 4 pet friendly rooms located on the lower level. We offer three one bedroom ocean suites which have a hot tub on each of their patios. We recommend booking one of them on your next visit. I appreciate your comments and once again, I’m happy your family enjoyed the beautiful suite and facilities. We are looking forward to welcome you all back in the near future.