“almost there”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Brentwood Drive
Transit: BC Transit Bus Route #75 located directly in front of Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa.
Description: We celebrate, we dazzle, we educate. Since 2004, Brentwood Bay Resort and Spa has had the pleasure of accommodating thousands of guests locally and from all over the world. Set on traditional Saanich territory, The Resort incorporates the natural beauty of its surroundings into our guests' experience. From the architecture, boasting of Douglas Fir and Red Cedar, to our locally-sourced ingredients, The Dining Room is committed to incorporating the culture of the Resort and the soul of the Pacific North West into each dish. We hope to welcome you to the Dining Room and share the experience with you.
Reviewed October 7, 2018

We were pleasantly surprised with the size and the ambiance of the restaurant though there isn't a real view from the restaurant but the patio would have a nice view of the harbour.
Service was a bit spotty; very friendly and accommodating and with good recommendations but the food took too long to come out and the mains were not hot when delivered.
Having said that the mussels in prosecco were very well done and the flavour and the cook on the halibut was perfect.
It was a good experience but with some minor tweaks this could become a really good restaurant.

Date of visit: July 2018
KatherineMMurphy, Manager at The Dining Room at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2018

Hi Nick D,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience in the Dining Room. I am glad to hear your server was accommodating and helpful. Our team is determined to give the best service to our guests, however we appreciate that we cannot always hit the mark- which is why constructive criticism is so important. We are currently working on ways to make our bill times shorter while not compromising the quality of our food.

Thank you again- we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed August 8, 2018

We had beet salad and steak sandwich--both were excellent. The salad was fresh and the beef perfectly rare on crispy bread. They put a generous amount of goat cheese and nuts on the salad, so it was very satisfying. The staff was friendly and efficient.

Date of visit: June 2018
Caitlin P, Food & Beverage Leader at The Dining Room at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2018

Hi yasubec,
Thank you for your kind review about our Pub. I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed yourself! I hope that we have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.
Warm regards,

Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

The worst. Reservations for 6 at 7:45 did not get out until 10. Had to ask 3 times for bread and ice. 3 halibut dinners sent back as overcooked and over salted. Not sure replacement was actually halibut. Risotto had concrete taste and texture.

Date of visit: July 2018
Caitlin P, Food and Beverage Leader at The Dining Room at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2018

Hi John H,

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at our restaurant. It certainly sounds like you waited too long. We have given the kitchen feedback about oversalting our dishes and feel confident that you will see an improvement. I'm disappointed you disliked our risotto, as it is one of our most popularly enjoyed side dishes.

I would very much like to discuss your experience further so that we may have the opportunity to rectify these issues. Please email us at fbleader@brentwoodbayresort.com.

Regards,

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Both my wife and I had a simple, bacon, eggs and toast breakfast. What a great surprise went they delivered the plates. We're both very fussy about our eggs and we like the yolks real runny but the whites firm. Absolute perfection. The bacon was terrific and the I had the sourdough toast. Outstanding! On the plate they serve you extra butter (nicely whipped and formed into little balls), and a chef made berry jam. Can't wait to go back.

Date of visit: July 2018
Caitlin P, Food & Beverage Leader at The Dining Room at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

ButchBellingham_WA,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I will be happy to pass them along to our culinary team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Warm Regards,

Reviewed July 24, 2018 via mobile

We had a reservation for 6pm upon arrival we were approached by a very shy timid waitress who informed us there was no avocado soup. We ordered 3 appetizers the water melon and feta salad was good refreshing. The scallop which was $16 was the size of a loonie and you only received one? We let that go. Then after waiting 1 hour our dinner finally arrived and was awful. Ordered 2 10oz ribeye steak dinners medium rare they came well done with no sign of even pink. We informed the waitress this was not medium rare she said well did you want to at least try it maybe you
Will like it? Then I said no then she said sometimes it’s the lighting that makes it look over cooked? Unbelievable she asked me to try it again at which time I just said no it’s not what I ordered and at $49 a plate I want it cooked the way I requested. The steak is very thin almost looks like a minute steak. The other problem was the layered vegetable stack was so over cooked looked like it had been sitting under heat for hours before getting to our table. We were offered an apology by another lady whom brought our 2nd steak but not sincere then they offered a free desert which we considered after reviewing the menu and deciding on one we waited another 45 mins before waitress returned to take the order so we politely declined desert at this point we just wanted to pay and get out. It took so long to pay we had to leave our seats go the counter so they would take our payment. Won’t be back the way our table was handled was unfortunate because the restaurant it’s self is beautiful but lacking the proper chefs and management to make dinning area a success.

Date of visit: July 2018
Caitlin P, Food and Beverage Leader at The Dining Room at Brentwood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Emma S,
Thank you for letting us know about your latest experience in our Dining Room. I am very sorry to hear that you and marcia0005 had such a poor time in our venue. We do take our guest feedback very seriously and our team have decided to alter our menu after careful consideration of your comments. I understand why you declined dessert, and I wish your server had made an adjustment to your bill to reflect that. I would be happy to discuss some sort of compensation with you; we can be reached at fbleader@brentwoodbayresort.com. I do hope that you wish to return in the future to enjoy our view and so that we can change your opinion of our service standards.

Regards,