“Ashville House”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of The Ashville Mews

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Welcome to The Ashville Mews
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

997kath70
Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
“Ashville House”
Reviewed April 12, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

Excellent location for visiting family in Southville. Accommodation very comfortable, especially having two bathrooms for three adults. Plenty and varied selection of continental breakfast, a good start to the day. Easy walking to the riverside with its attractions, restaurants and cafes. Very friendly staff and owner. Thank you.

Adam V
“Mr”
Reviewed October 28, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

I booked this after some good reviews and seeing how new it was I thought I'd give it a try and I'm really glad I did. We asked for a double and got exactly that, in fact we got a whole top floor of a very nice little house. Nicely decorated and lovely furniture. The beds were very very comfortable and my girlfriends bad back didn't play up (good beds seem to be hard to find). We slept well. The private bathroom was lovely, big, nicely decorated and the shower was excellent.

Great TV's in both bedrooms, internet was ok, certainly enough to watch Netflix.

The breakfast is continental and very nicely presented. The lady who served us coffee was very polite and nice too.

So why not 5 stars, well it's picky but two very small things; the loo seat needed tightening so you had to balance on not to fall off

Second the parking; there's plenty of it and it's completely free at the weekend, during the weeknights the the Ashville had run out of permits so the proprietors were giving us change for the meters, which whilst very generous meant we had to keep bothering them, which i didn't want to do, and that's entirely my hang up not theirs. With permits the problem goes away.

So those two small niggles weren't a big deal, and our stay at the Ashville Mews was genuinely a home away from home. I'd like to thank Louise and everyone else for making our stay so very comfortable, and we'll definitely be staying again (my girlfriend is from Bristol).

ThiloCzec...
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Worth a stay”
Reviewed October 15, 2017 for a stay in October 2017
people found this review helpful

The combination of Steakhouse, Pub and Hotel is rather common. Unusual is, the rooms are located in the neighbouring houses. We had the top floor, 2 rooms, one with single the other with double bed, both with smart TV, and bathroom with a power shower. Make yourself at home does fit in this case. The included breakfast buffet is also of high quality. Road parking close by is also possible. If you don't find a place, ask the landlord and he will show you where to park.

George F
“Truly a home away from home!”
Reviewed April 8, 2017 for a stay in March 2017
people found this review helpful

I have traveled quite a bit over four continents and The Ashville Mews was my first experience with my own private rental. And with my experience at the Mews it won’t be my last. The facilities were excellent and well-appointed and the owner, Louise Page, accommodated all of our needs including a third separate sleeping space.

While the Mews includes a small but fully functional kitchen, we chose to walk to one of the many restaurants on North St for our evening meals. If you prefer not to walk so far, The Ashville just next door served us some of the best meals we had during our stay. (Just be aware that The Ashville takes reservations on weekends.) And if you want to cook in, an Aldi grocery is just a couple of blocks away and an excellent greengrocer is on North St.

By the time our stay was over, we referred to returning to the Mews as “going home”. Should my travels take me this way again, The Ashville Mews will be at the top of my list.

Thanks Louise for the wonderful experience.

George Flew
Knoxville, TN USA

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Stephanie...
“Mr”
Reviewed October 24, 2016 for a stay in October 2016
person found this review helpful

Bookes a room last minute last night. Got show the room and wow. Lovely sized room with double bed, wardrobe, vanity table, small lounge area, small kitchen and bi folding doors opening onto a garden. Completely shocked as only paid £39 for the night. Bathroom was seperate but our private bathroom. Booked bed and breakfast. Unfortunately there was no cooked breakfast as expected. Also states free parking which is questionable. You need permits which werent very forth coming. Anyway, inspite of the small negatives cant grumble and would definitely stay there again

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing