The Base Bed & Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$62
  • Restaurant
Novotel Bristol Centre(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
US$110
US$112
US$93
  • Breakfast included
Future Inn Cabot Circus Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$82
Holiday Inn Express Bristol - North(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$93
US$106
US$81
US$133
US$97
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Bristol South Hotel(Bristol)(Great Value!)
US$73
PremierInn.com
US$52
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
All reviewshen weekendthe main housecommunal kitchenvictorian villacook breakfastcommunal areasnice breakfastaccommodationkeytaxidishwasher
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I booked most of my family into the base for a long weekend as we celebrated a family part locally. The owners were very helpful and flexible with our bookings as people changed their minds with regard to where and how long they wanted to stay. Everybody thought the base was clean and nice. There was slight disappointment about not getting a breakfast but as the breakfast room can be used for food that you bring yourself and as there are local breakfast places around everybody managed. Only downside was that there was a stag/hen party staying in the extended bit of the house which has got shared bathrooms I believe. Family who stayed down there suffered a bit from door slamming when those guys came back...

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Melb141
TheBaseBristol, Owner at The Base Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2012

Yes, we do try to be flexible where we can. People come in all shapes and sizes! Glad you enjoyed yourselves, although we're sorry about the door slamming. Please let us know if you're being disturbed by other guests, I'm sure it would have been resolved quickly with a polite yet stern reminder from management ;-)

Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed here for two nights. Excellent value, Kingsize supercomfy bed, stripped floors, lovely ensuite and very quiet even though this place is on a busy main road (we were at the back of the house). Fantastic food within walking reach - Moroccan and Turkish restaurants were both awesome.
There is a lovely quirky atmpshere - you pick up your own key from a box at the front - we didn't see anyonme else for the whole time so this is perfect if you like to make your own way without loads of fuss. We'll definately stay again.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

You get it! Thank You!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I booked The Base for a long weekend getaway to come and visit my boyfriend and didn't really know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised as the room was large and airy with a comfortable bed, spacious bright bathroom and all necessary facilities provided such as linens, towels, hairdryer and refreshments. I did not take the optional breakfast so cannot comment but I can say that the customer service responses online were prompt and efficient, parking was convenient, the cleanliness level was better than satisfactory and the location was convenient to access all areas of Bristol that I needed. The keycode to the key box and my room was sent to me in instructions both on email and by text message which I found to be really convenient and very user-friendly. I would use this B&B again.

Room Tip: I chose a King-Size bedroom...which was a good quality, large room and was the same price as a standard double room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Ignore the bad reviews, the Base is excellent and served our purposes perfectly. This was our second visit and we found everything as quirky and clean as before. No noticeable road noise at the front on a Friday night as there is double glazing. The only disappointment was to find that the wonderful veggie breakfasts are no longer available unless you cook them yourself. I would suggest that the owners make this clearer on their website. It does say self-catering but I assumed that this referred to lunch and dinner having stayed previously. Don't be put off though as there are places nearby to get cooked breakfast from "greasy spoons" to Morrisons supermarket.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2012

The Base B&B is a great place to stay. Its rather quirky (in a nice way), excellent value, a very good standard and easy to get to. You get your keys from a wall safe at the front door and receive the combination via text. Stayed there for 3 weeks and can recommend it.

Room Tip: There's a kitchen which some rooms have access to so if you need a long term stay and want to cater for yourself its ideal.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business