“Delicious! ”

Pipal Tree Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 1,830 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$1 - US$18
Description: My family and I are life long 'Bristolians' and more importantly 'Eastonians' and it is through this lens we aim to give back to the local community which has provided so much for me and my young family. We look forward to providing Easton, first of all with Punjabi cuisine with a unique British fusion flavour, and in time to come, the whole of Bristol and beyond. With over 20 years as a senior chef and extensive experience in the catering industry, I know this will show in my hospitality as well as the cuisine I provide for a great experience!
Reviewed May 17, 2018 via mobile

We came here on a friday night after reading the reviews and hearing about the great vegan and vegetarian options (some vegans in our party). We were really impressed. The food was so fresh and the flavours out of this world. We also found the proprietor and his family to be very welcoming and informative about the dishes. The sharing vegetarian platter is a must. But to be honest every meal that was served was top draw! We’ll be back!

Kirpal S, Owner at Pipal Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2018

Thanks for this kind review, a third of our menu is dedicated to vegans and vegetarians. The vegetarian platter consists of homemade samosas which has a seasonal veg filling, shangri-la pakora aswell as four of our homemade condiments and punjabi aloo.
We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

Great vegetarian food and the best samosas I've had. Well worth going to. The service was incredible.. the owner interacted with every table and really made us feel special. Will be bringing my family back. Can't wait to try the desserts!

Kirpal S, Owner at Pipal Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

Thank you very much for this kind review, we make our samosas fresh everyday so you wont taste the same thing. Also, the vegetables we put into the samosas are fresh and organic. We honestly look forward for your next arrival with your family.

Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

Loved everything, from friendly greeting and polite, professional and helpful staff.
Food is fantastic and a refreshing change from the norm. The owner was extremely enthusiastic and friendly. Keep up the good work 10/10

I am very glad to hear that you loved everything, I couldn't be any more happier knowing you enjoyed your experience!

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Firstly, call and book immediately! I want everyone to experience this miracle of a food establishment. We don't have any photos as we were too busy eating.

My boyfriend provided the wrong number whilst booking, and when we turned up at 8, the chef came over and said he'd been trying to call us. Our hearts sank as assumed we had no table, but instead he apologised and said we'd have to wait for 15 minutes and gave us drinks on the house for the inconvenience. Winner!

Being coeliac, this place has THE BEST menu. Our waiter was the chef's son and he made us feel so valued. His pride in his Dad's work was obvious, and justified.

The dishes are really exciting, nothing you've ever heard of before. We had a couple of starters to share, which were great, but the highlight was the mint dip, which we were told was their grandmother's recipe, passed down.
Again, superb mains, and an unbelievable take on a carrot cake, which I fully recommend you try.

Three courses later, we ordered a taxi. The chef came and spoke to us. We told him we are moving to Bristol and he told us we could actually call the restaurant if we wanted to know anything about the area.

I am already planning on bringing everyone I know here, and you should too.

Thank you for a fantastic evening, and I look forward to seeing you you again very soon!

Kirpal S, Owner at Pipal Tree Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2018

Thanks for the great review, it is much appreciated. It is always advisable to book as we are a small restaurant. These dishes are unique as we do serve British-Punjabi dishes as well as authentic Punjabi dishes. These are recipes and dishes signature to my family from two lots of 3 generations. Looking forward to seeing you again. Thanks again!

Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

Tried this hidden gem after reading reviews and none of us was disappointed. A family run business providing a delicious fusion of British and Indian cuisine, making a refreshing change from the typical Indian restautrants. Each meal was beautifully presented and the flavours were out of this world! Everyone was so friendly and welcoming, taking obvious pride in what they do. Highly recommended.

Thank you very much for leaving us a review, we try to be different from other restaurants as we are a family run Punjabi British restaurant and not like a typical Indian restaurant , instead we make food we eat home ourselves and what we would eat at my mother's house. I am certainly glad to hear that you found staff friendly and your overall experience was good.We hope to see you again.