All reviewsairport parkingweeks parkingearly flightflying from bristol airporteggs cooked to ordersmall tvlong staycooked breakfastfull english breakfastgood sizea bit tiredwhat it says on the tinroom was largebreakfast was includedfollowing morningcomfortable bedsstayed for one night
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Good position on the A38 not far from Bristol Airport and Bristol City. The overall appearance of the lodge was old fashioned, including the reception, room and breakfast room. The room was clean and very basic. The breakfast was nice with buffet cooked and continental food available. Over priced for what was offered.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2017

Stayed there for an overnight. It's a bit dated but clean and warm. In fact too warm for me. But that's personal preference.
Breakfast was good.
Staff were friendly.
And it was the right price.
I would definitely overnight there again. We didn't use the restaurant

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2017 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights and found it good value for money. The beds were great and food above average but I thought it was a good deal all in all.
Bad points, small tv and some strange noises in pipes or something but couldn't hear traffic which was great! Staff were very good and helpful and I would happily stay there again.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 20, 2017 via mobile

Overnight stay and park car while away.
Lovely evening meal and a good nights sleep in clean room with comfortable bed. Very good breakfast choice as much as you can eat. Everything you need. Staff very friendly and helpful. Will be back again for sure.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2017

My boyfriend and I were looking for a reasonably priced b&b for an overnight stay near Bristol, and we decided upon the Town and Country Lodge. Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and shown to our room, which was up a flight of rusted, rickety metal stairs. The room itself was clean but dated and tired, and felt a bit more like a cheap motel than a supposed three-star hotel. The bathroom was in desperate need of TLC, with the sink chain broken and the plug resting folornly on the side. However, despite the dècor, it was spacious and suited our needs for one evening.
The real disappointment came when we had our evening meal. My food came out stone cold - literally still frozen in the very middle. I'm not usually one for complaints, especially working in hospitality myself, but when you're paying for a meal you want it to be worth the expense. The lovely man serving us apologised and returned the food to the kitchen for reheating. When it came back to us the cheese on top was greasy (I was mopping oil off with a napkin), but was at least at an edible temperature.
Breakfast, by contrast, was lovely: a broad variety of hot and cold options, plus lots of choice for drinks.
Neither of us slept well due to the rock-solid mattress, but that could be down to personal preference.
Overall for a one-night stay the Lodge was sufficient, but am unsure price reflects the quality of the visit.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple