“Definitely highly recommended”
Review of Downlands House

Downlands House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bristol
Downlands House
Ranked #14 of 53 Bristol B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 June 2012

My mother and I stayed at Downlands recently whilst visiting my daughter who lives in Bristol. We had a twin room on the first floor. Everything was perfect, the welcome, the bedding, the room, the lovely sitting room and breakfast in the conservatory overlooking the beautiful courtyard garden. I'm a vegan and many B&B's struggle with the concept of providing a good breakfast but Patricia served a lovely, filling breakfast with absolutely no fuss and welcomed my daughter who arrived to meet us on the second day whilst we were still having breakfast, offering her a fresh pot of tea and toast. In the past I've travelled a lot with work, staying in small b&bs and large hotels and this one is very much at the top of the list. We managed to part right outside most of the time and within 100 yards on the only occasion we couldn't park in the same street as Downlands. Plenty to do and see in Henleaze and we felt very safe, also only a short drive into Clifton with all its shops etc - although parking can be a bit difficult there and if I were by myself I'd probably have just got the bus. Thank you Patricia for a lovely break.

Room Tip: the first floor twin room we stayed in overlooked the conservatory and garden and was very quiet (I...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Downlands House

Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed here as a change from the usual hotel offerings. The B and B is very nicely presented and feels like a family home. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. However, I stayed in an en-suite room so can’t comment on the other rooms. The hotel is easy to get to and is in easy range of the centre of Bristol and the M5.

I would recommend this hotel as a change from the big hotel chains.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I have stayes at Downlands House several times whilt working in Bristol. It is a great B&B with friendly welcoming staff and comfortable rooms. They left some magasines and books in the room as well as tea and coffee. There was a nice selection of cereal for breakfast and the scrambled egg on toast is great.

The location is away from the busy centre of Bristol but within driving distance.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Friendly greeting, comfy bed in top floor room (no probs with room or bathroom size and I'm +6ft) nice breakfast. Good location for walk / no. 1 bus into Clifton or city centre. Would def stay again. Recommend kings arms pub and zio Italian restaurant on whiteladies road

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 11 March 2012

The two bells at the front door did not work when we arrived and so we had rather a long wait. The welcome was good, but the room (which had been booked well in advance) was on the top floor and was very small, as also was the double bed; and the shower/loo was too tiny to be practical. The bed was hard up against a velux window blind covering the only window and the tv was diminutive. The breakfast was good. The soundproofing in this house is poor. Altogether disappointing and not good value for money, and parking is very difficult in the area.

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor if possible, but we were not given any choice and the room was booked well in ad...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Paul D
Reviewed 27 January 2012

in henleaze close to shops and town /zoo /clifton, lovely breakfast and a warm welcome from pat.
Comfortable bed room just right temperature in room books to read must have been 10 times now/

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Warm welcome with a cup of tea in the comfortable lounge. Very good downstairs room with en suite with bath and separate shower. Television and comfortable chair welcome for when we got back in the evening. Excellent breakfast in the conservatory. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family