“A funny wee place but good food”
Review of Rupsha - CLOSED

Rupsha
Price range: US$16 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I arranged to meet my son in Bristol on a Saturday afternoon and take him for a meal in Clifton.
I called Rupsha, only to be told that they were full at 6pm in the evening and didnt have a table free till 9.30pm ! Sounds like a popular place
I persisted and explained how I would only take an hour and surely thay could fit in a table for 2. After a couple of minutes they found a free table !!!!!!!!
We arrived , the restaurant was empty, we were first in and a family of 3 followed.
Within an hour 2 or 3 other couples arrived and were seated.

The food was really nice , the service was fluent once they got going, but the hassle to get a table was surprising.

Please try the restaurant but be persistant in getting a table

I would go again

Gordon Stewart
Midsomer Norton

Reviewed 17 April 2012

Visited this quirky little restaurant (and yes it is like eating in the hallway!) with a Groupon. We were treated like queens and the food was beyond all expectations delicious and very generous in quantity. All I could hear from other customers were yummy noises and the compliments to the chef were to be heard from every departing customer.

Marked down a little for ambiance, but top marks for enterprise from the small but busy team of people who it seemed "nothing was too much trouble" We will go again I'm sure!

1  Thank JH1_11
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Terrible! Rushed service, watery beer and a 'sweet, sour and spicy dish' served luke warm bathed in tomato soup. One of the worst curries I've ever had.

5  Thank alisterbetts
Reviewed 14 April 2012

Very enjoyable visit authentic cuisine and good service coupled with a nice atmosphere
Well Done! Would definately visit again

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We very much enjoyed the food, service and the ambience. Definitely a place to go again.