Open today: 12:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Review Highlights
Sunday lunch with friends

This was my first time visiting since it reopened and it was lovely. I had a beef roast dinner and... read more

Reviewed September 26, 2018
ChloeS1769
Bristol, United Kingdom
Fantastic amazing food

Went to the restaurant to celebrate my daughters graduation. Wow. The food was amazing and the menu... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Karen P
Yarcombe, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Bristol
from US$80.40
More Info
from US$86.80
More Info
All reviews gastro pub sunday lunch under new management triple cooked chips pea puree new venture proper restaurant cooked meal birthday meal sausage and mash yorkshire pudding table service a great evening staff were really friendly westbury mains
Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

Came in for lunch with my husband, and was greeted by a lovely smiley lady. The place was quiet, which I don't understand after my great experience.

We came in for a "quick bite", but ended up going for the full 3 courses when we saw the brilliant menu. Lots of great choices and very clearly thought out. The afternoon set menu is very good value for money also.

The young lady who served us, who's name I failed to get, (wearing a navy striped dress and had her hair back in a ponytail) had a great knowledge of the menu and extensive gin range and was very much helpful in making recommendations.

We will most definitely be back again, and I will be telling my friends and family too.

Thank you for a great afternoon!

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

Visited this lunch time for a meal with my husband, haven never been before.
Nice decor- bistro-pub-esq- not trying too hard.
We decided in the set menu lunch. We didn't receive the olives we ordered before the main arrived?
I had the Wild mushroom risotto -OK, needed a tad more salt and a bit 'claggy'.Parmesan topping went that pleasant, Parmesan shavings would have been nicer. My husband had the sausage and mash- x2 sausages, mash in a bowl of gravy- no veg here! No offer of sauces to go with the meal.
I had the sticky toffee pud for dessert which was gorgeous- couldn't fault it. My husband had the cheese and crackers. Turned up without chutney as advertised, and the pieces of cheese certainly weren't cheddar as on the menu but we couldn't figure out what they were?
Overall-OK meal in a pleasant atmosphere.
The set menu price reflected in what you got. Wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

My son took us here for my husbands birthday , I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived, from the outside it appears to be your average place but it was lovely inside. The service was brilliant and the food was amazing. If your looking for somewhere to dine foe special occasions or romantic dinner this is the place. I shall definetly be going back !!!

Reviewed April 7, 2017

Absolutely brilliant. From the Gin menu to the food menu it was a great gastro experience.
The food we experienced was of a very high standard

Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

Cosy, quirky decor and excellent food. Not your typical pub grub - a bit more high-end, with some slightly more adventurous combinations of flavours and portions on the smaller side. Staff were very friendly and attentive, though not overly so. A great atmosphere and very enjoyable meal.