“The roast used to be awesome.”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Ranked #11 of 150 Nightlife in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing a quirky twist on traditional British food, which is accompanied with good wine, cocktails and a friendly but professional service. Light lunch and Sunday Roasts also available. We are excited at the prospect of seeing you soon.
Reviewed May 22, 2017

We went for Sunday lunch, having had a really good experience a few months ago. It's still nicely decorated, and has a nice atmosphere. However, for the price I would say the roast is now very average, especially given the price. Had the feeling that they had run out / been taken by surprise somehow, which was odd given it didn't seem that busy. Bit disappointed.

1  Thank Charles T
in 8 reviews
"table service"
"a great evening"
in 3 reviews
"staff were really friendly"
"westbury"
in 22 reviews
"beetroot"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed May 12, 2017 via mobile

Came in for lunch with my husband, and was greeted by a lovely smiley lady. The place was quiet, which I don't understand after my great experience.

We came in for a "quick bite", but ended up going for the full 3 courses when we saw the brilliant menu. Lots of great choices and very clearly thought out. The afternoon set menu is very good value for money also.

The young lady who served us, who's name I failed to get, (wearing a navy striped dress and had her hair back in a ponytail) had a great knowledge of the menu and extensive gin range and was very much helpful in making recommendations.

We will most definitely be back again, and I will be telling my friends and family too.

Thank you for a great afternoon!

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

Visited this lunch time for a meal with my husband, haven never been before.
Nice decor- bistro-pub-esq- not trying too hard.
We decided in the set menu lunch. We didn't receive the olives we ordered before the main arrived?
I had the Wild mushroom risotto -OK, needed a tad more salt and a bit 'claggy'.Parmesan topping went that pleasant, Parmesan shavings would have been nicer. My husband had the sausage and mash- x2 sausages, mash in a bowl of gravy- no veg here! No offer of sauces to go with the meal.
I had the sticky toffee pud for dessert which was gorgeous- couldn't fault it. My husband had the cheese and crackers. Turned up without chutney as advertised, and the pieces of cheese certainly weren't cheddar as on the menu but we couldn't figure out what they were?
Overall-OK meal in a pleasant atmosphere.
The set menu price reflected in what you got. Wouldn't rush back.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

My son took us here for my husbands birthday , I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived, from the outside it appears to be your average place but it was lovely inside. The service was brilliant and the food was amazing. If your looking for somewhere to dine foe special occasions or romantic dinner this is the place. I shall definetly be going back !!!