“Hygiene Issue”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Ranked #11 of 150 Nightlife in Bristol
More attraction details
Owner description: Providing a quirky twist on traditional British food, which is accompanied with good wine, cocktails and a friendly but professional service. Light lunch and Sunday Roasts also available. We are excited at the prospect of seeing you soon.
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

I had recently been impressed by the new refurb at the White Horse and was keen to give them my custom. Unfortunately, I have had a bad experience and will not be returning.

During a recent visit to the pub, I was taking advantage of their 2 for 1 gin offer. During the evening I was concerned about what I will call a hygiene issue with a particular member of staff. After giving it some thought, I returned to the pub the next day to try and resolve it amicably. However, I was not taken seriously. I asked the manager to check the CCTV just so he could see what I had seen and he refused to do so instead he chose to defend his staff and completely dismiss what I was trying to say.

Unfortunately the communication broke down and I was asked to leave the premises. It was clear these people were not prepared to listen to me, at the very least they could have checked the CCTV.

I certainly would not recommend.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"table service"
"a great evening"
in 3 reviews
"staff were really friendly"
"westbury"
in 22 reviews
"beetroot"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

This place was polished into a gem when first renovated a few years back; unfortunately it has taken a bad turn and is now a non entity. No longer serving any credible food option this place is just a dingy bar. The staff have very little interest interacting with you and on our last two visits (and our last) we have had to return the beer as it was undrinkable.

Hope they sort themselves out.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

Called in on a Saturday eve to an empty pub, ordered two drinks looked at menu paid for drinks then left,
Who ever owns this now sure know how to loose money.
Great pub to a pub .

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

We just wandered in here because it looks like an everyday pub, but there was hardly anyone else in there and the atmosphere was grim. We ordered a pint of beer and a pint of shandy and paid £9.50 for the privilege. How does that work?

We visited the only other two central boozers in Westbury that night and they were both heaving, even though they also have their failings.

I really loved this place years ago, when they drew ale from barrels that were actually in the bar, and you didn't have to pay most of £10 for a couple of pints. I'm sure the new approach must be working on some level or they wouldn't be trading but it's not for me.