“Delicious food!”
Review of The Hollybush

The Hollybush
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hollybush is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #169 of 1,733 Restaurants in Bristol
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Went for Sunday lunch and it was sheer perfection! Very friendly helpful staff. The food was plentiful and absolutely delicious. I had rolled pork with apricot and sage stuffing, my sister had chicken....all served with a huge Yorkshire pudding and fresh vegetables. We were able to see the food being cooked and each portion of veg was was cooked to order, not all done and kept warm for hours on end. The desserts were large portions which left us thankful that we hadn't had a starter! We are returning again this weekend and will certainly use it again and each time I have visitors....highly recommended for families and any occasion.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a meal for 5 at The Hollybush to celebrate my friends birthday. We had been told that the pub had been renovated and the food was excellent. I can only say it was a big disappointment. The food was ok. Nothing really wrong with it but pretty tasteless. Definitely wouldn’t hurry back.

Sadly the boiler had broken on the night we visited and we were advised as soon as we arrived with the option to cancel. As it was a special occasion we decided to stay and keep our hosts on.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited on a Tuesday evening with a friend. It was busy but not crowded. The waitress was friendly and helpful. The food was excellent and we weren't rushed. I would thoroughly recommend it.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Walking into the Hollybush at 14:55 for something quick to eat, a little disappointed to find out that kitchen had started to wind down for the afternoon.

BUT, the bar and kitchen staff were kind enough to fire it all back up and in turn, deliver an excellent burger and chips.

Great customer service from a very friendly team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I had very high expectations of this pub as friends and family had all said how lovely the food was. Unfortunately me and my partner did not get the same experience when we visited.
We found the food very average and extremely expensive for what you get, the vegetables were extremely hard and very tasteless!
My partner had also said there was not a lot of meat on his plate which left him hungry afterwards!
The cauliflower cheese and Yorkshire pudding was very lovely however.
I probably wouldn’t return to this pub due to the price for what you get, the staff seemed ok but we will probably not make another visit.