“Worthy of a 6!”

Price range: US$6 - US$38
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Winners of Bristol's Best Modern European at the Good Food Awards, we are an independant family run modern Italian restaurant bringing the very best of traditional dishes from the regions of Italy to Bristol city centre. The sleek design of the restaurant is complimented by the service given by our front of house team. Our central location on Baldwin Street gives great views from our floor to ceiling windows over both floors, and our capacity of 160 guests ensure we can cater for any occasion. We are fully accessible and have a lift which covers the bar, ground and first floor areas. Vegan & Gluten Free menus are available to view on our website.
Reviewed April 12, 2016

Walked in at 8pm last Thursday without a reservation and were fortunate to get what appeared to be the last remaining table in the downstairs part of the restaurant.

We had the most wonderful meal. It started with an amuse bouche which is always welcome followed by three courses including an amazing desert from the specials menu which involved tipping Sambuca over ice cream! The evening was rounded off with a gratis Limoncello.

I have to say from start to finish it was a great experience. I don't often mention names in reviews but Cinzia was outstanding and guided us through the various choices and was very knowledgeable about all the dishes and wine available. Having praised her, the other staff were all very good.

The design of the restaurant, which is quite trendy, lends itself not only to a romantic dinner but also party's of 10-12 would feel at home. They've pretty much nailed this so far as i'm concerned.

The damage: 2 x starters, mains, deserts, coffee, bottle of Viognier (£24), bottle of water, 1 x side dish £100 excluding service. Absolutely cracking value for the experience which we will be remembering for a while to come yet!

3  Thank Rondotcom
Aquila_Manager, Manager at Aquila, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2016

Hi Rondotcom,

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review, we really appreciate it!

Fantastic to hear Cinzia looked after you so well and the food and drink was excellent!

We hope to see you when you are around again soon!

Ciao!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,151)

Reviewed April 10, 2016

We were celebrating our wedding anniversary and my husband chose Aquilla as his treat for me. From the moment we walked through the door the service was impeccable. We were shown to a beautifully laid table, made comfortable and the drinks and dinner menu,s given for our perusal. Table water was provided and our drinks order taken. The complimentary nibbles of squid in a cream sauce were delicious. I chose the scallops to start followed by an authentic Carbonara made with eggs and not cream. Husband had the mussels as a starter and the Sea Bass as his main course. My scallops were perfect and husbands mussels really tasted superb. The carbonara was also quite delicious and cooked to perfection as was the Sea Bass. To finish, I chose the trio of ice cream , husband had the cheese. Throughout our meal the staff were attentive, utterly professional and friendly even suffering my limited Italian with a smile. The food was presented beautifully and cooked to perfection. The interior of this restaurant is amazing, lots of mirrors and cream leather seats, illuminated by really fancy lighting. I loved it. I also loved the photographs of the staff on the wall, a very personal touch.

Overall a most enjoyable evening, special thanks must go to Fabianna and Cinzia who waited on us and helped make our night so wonderful. ( I do apologise if I have incorrectly spelled your names. ) We shall certainly return to Aquilla when we are next in Bristol.

2  Thank Elaine B
Aquila_Manager, Manager at Aquila, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2016

Hi Elaine,

Thank you for a lovely review, very comprehensive we really appreciate it!

Great to hear the service, setting and food were fantastic and Cinzia & Fabiana looked after you well!

I'm glad you liked the staff pictures, we feel its important everyone gets to know our little family here!

Look forward to seeing you again soon when you are next in town!

Reviewed April 10, 2016

I visited Aquila based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor.
I was certainly not disappointed!
I was given a table by the serving hatch and could see all the dishes being prepared
All the food looked delicious!
I had the pizza and my Husband had the lasagne and we were both very impressed.
The presentation is very good and so is the service.

For Dessert I had me the chocolate souffle which was served in a little sauce pan with a type of cream and ice cream.

If you want a special dining experience then this is it.

The prices are reasonable and for what I had I would say it is similar to other places but tastier!

Date of visit: December 2015
3  Thank smartielee87

Hi Smartielee87,

Thank you for your visit and review we really appreciate it!

Great to hear that you enjoyed the food and saw it all being prepared in front of you!

Glad the service was great, look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2016

Came here for supper after a matinee at the Bristol Old Vic. (It's a few minutes walk away). Very impressed. The service was outstanding, we had a delightful waitress called Cinzia.
I had scallops and Tuscan sausage, other half had the calamari. For mains I had monkfish and hubbie had the lamb. All beautifully cooked, tasted wonderful. The side of zucchini was great, thin ribbons lightly battered and deep fried, the peas and pancetta also very good.
Will definitely be returning.

3  Thank RufusZach

Hi RufusZach,

Thank you for your kind comments, great to hear the service was outstanding will feed your comments back to Cinzia.

Glad the food was wonderful tasting, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2016 via mobile

Turned up shown straight to the table at the appointed time .an excellent menu plenty choice. Waiters welcoming and very pleasant. Attentive nothing too much trouble. Service was efficient and never pushy. Just right. Surrounding s. Very pleasant decor and fittings. The food?? Impressed so much! We will be returning for sure. I would agree Bristol s. Premier Italian !

3  Thank Tim D

Hi Tim,

Thank you so much for your lovely review.

Great to hear that the service was efficient and that the food impressed!

Look forward to seeing you again soon!