“Superb little theatre”
Review of Wycombe Swan

Wycombe Swan
More attraction details
Owner description: Wycombe Swan is a thriving entertainment venue set in the heart of High Wycombe town centre. Wycombe Swan consists of the Swan Theatre, Old Town Hall and Oak Room.
Reviewed October 20, 2018

What a great little theatre this is! Went to see a concert there and couldn't really fault it - great acoustics, comfy seats and very convenient. Looked like a decent bar there though we went for pre-show drinks in one of the many pubs really close by. Parking was excellent and efficient but remember to pay for your tickets on arrival to avoid the queues on departure - cheap car park too - only £2 as free after 8pm so only had to pay for the time from arrival until 8pm. Only very slight criticism is the exits are rather limited so it takes time to exit after the show

All reviews
in 22 reviews

Reviewed October 17, 2018 via mobile

First time here
Excellent viewing and acoustics
Quick an efficient bar service
Adjacent multi story car park
Ross Noble was brilliant
Faultless

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

My first time at ballet. Absolutely enjoyed the production of Swan Lake by Mathew Bourne. Worth every penny. It was all very well organised. The restaurant is not very good, poor choice of food, would go next time rather somewhere else for dinner.

Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had just got back from holiday and we realised that we hadn't missed the Matthew Bourne production of Swan Lake. We decided to try and book the matinee at 14.30 hrs on the final Saturday afternoon. At first my wife had thought to go alone as I'm disabled now since suffering a major stroke 3 1/2 years ago. On calling the box office and after a bit of a queue and wait,we were able to secure to front row side stall seats. We decided not to use the multi storey car parking option but instead I took my small portable scooter and my wife walked down to the theatre alongside me. On arriving there was a 5 minute queue to collect our tickets from the box office then it was straight through the special disabled access to the stalls where we found our seats with ease although we did notice that assistance was available to guide people who were unsure of where to go. The seating was comfortable and with an excellent view of the stage; also as my disability carer, my wife didn't have to pay for her ticket which was a most pleasant surprise. The show started on time and was magnificent. At the interval there was an ice cream seller on hand offering a range of local hand made speciality flavours in tubs, not cheap but well worth the money as a treat. The performance re started after 20 minutes with ample curtain's up warnings to allow folk to be seated on time without fuss or anxiety. Swan Lake by Matthew Bourne deserves a seperate review of 5 stars but suffice to say everything about the Swan Theatre added to the magic of the show, before during and after. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a bit of culture in a lovely theatre.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 13, 2018 via mobile

I had booked a meal and tickets to see Michael Bournes Swanlake. I have never been to a ballet and my mum wanted to take me to my first one so I thought a treat for us both. Unfortunately on the day in question, my mum was poorly. I phoned the theatre and was completely overwhelmed by the compassion shown by the man I spoke to and even more surprised when I was offered a full refund. In this day and age to find such compassion has given me hope. Thank you Wycombe Swan.