“Better than expected! Except for the wi-fi”
Review of Stationroomz

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cambridge
Stationroomz
Ranked #32 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reykjavik, Iceland
“Better than expected! Except for the wi-fi”
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I stayed at the Cityroomz for 5 days in January and I was pleasantly surprised. At first it doesnt look like anything great but the beds were somewhat comfortable even though the mattresses could have been better.

The staff were very helpful and always did their best with a smile on their face which is always a big plus for me.

The only downside was the free wif-fi. Yes, it was free which is fantastic however the only way to get the wi-fi was to be in the breakfast area. From my room (14) I managed to get one bar which I guess was sufficient. So if you really need to get your internet then I would try to get a room as close to the breakfast area.

Room Tip: Stay close to the breakfast area for the wi-fi.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Gunnar Már Á

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Found this hotel online, from a very short list of hotels available in Cambridge at short notice. The property is right next door to the train station, though we never heard any trains. But unfortunately was 1.2 miles from the city centre, so transport, or a bicycle would be needed if staying for long periods. The double room that we had was so small we had to change in the bathroom, and the shower door did not close properly. This place is catered more towards single travellers, and should have the title of hostel over hotel! Only ever met one member of staff, whom was extremely pleasant and welcoming.

Room Tip: Doubles are in old basement, that I can only presume was an old boiler house!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Cambridge hotels

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Unfortunately I planned my 2 day visit to Cambridge during graduation week. Had I known before locking in a 2 month schedule in Europe, I would have changed my plans! Cambridge is a fantastic city, cityroomz is small and pokey and overpriced. I expected the bathroom in the private room to be small - but this was tiny. Beware if you have a lot of luggage - you won't be able to move in the room! A great place to crash for one night if you can get a cheap rate. Breakfast was better than expected and the staff were helpful. Not worth 85pounds though!

Room Tip: definately choose a private room if you want to sleep - other guests can be a distraction.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 December 2011

I stayed at Cityroomz on Saturday night - I have to be honest, the room looked a lot more basic than what I expected but for the price you can't really complain. The receptionist was very helpful, I asked directions on the Sunday to a museum, she printed me out a map and was chatted to me about it. We had problems on the Saturday night with a disturbance and the police were called - not ideal at all but not the fault of Cityroomz at all.
The only main negative is that the bathroom had some mold and the room was cold, but for the price I wasn't expecting luxury.
The breakfast was good, and the staff pleasant. And as we were just using it as a base to dump our bags and sleep whilst we explored Cambridge, that is all we needed.
Just don't go there expecting luxury. Cheap and cheerful.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2011

This was the cheapest accomodation we could find for the weekend in Cambridge, however, at £67 for a room you still expect certain standards.
From 2am we were kept awake by drunk men on the same corridor, being sick outside our door and shouting. By 5am the police were there evicting them from the hotel. I realise that events like this are beyond the control of the hotel. However, a bathroom door that squeals so much it's painful to listen to it shutting, a shower head that looks like it needs a date with some 'Cilet Bang', a bathroom door handle that repeatedly falls off, a kettle with a loose connection that doesn't work, plug sockets that don't work and a room that had a similar temperature to that of outside isn't. If you want a comfortable refreshing break in Cambridge, do not stay here!

Room Tip: Do not choose any of them!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Alice M
Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2011

This is basic accommodation - a hostel with double rooms and private bathrooms. As long as you are aware of that, then it is a good place to stay. If you simply want a bed for the night and a breakfast to last until lunchtime then it is ideal; if you are looking for a room that is part of a holiday and a breakfast to feast on, then look for somewhere else - which will be a lot more pricey in Cambridge!
Clean bedding, very convenient location especially if travelling by train, friendly staff, and I admit the bathroom wasn't sparkling but it was clean. Breakfast was croissants and cheese rolls, cereal, coffee and juice.
All in all, this is a good cheap option. Could do with a spruce up/redecoration, but no complaints.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Very small rooms. Would be ok, but i can not accept plenty of mold in the bathroom and the bedroom.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family