Lynwood House
  • Bar/Lounge
Regent Hotel(Cambridge)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
All reviewsb bjesus greenthe riverbreakfast was deliciousshort walknice shower roomfresh fruitcity centreowners were friendlyfront of the housecoffee machinefull english breakfastsingle roomvisiting cambridgeeach morningstayed here for two nightspoached eggs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 March 2012

we were originally staying for two days, but ended up staying for five,we stayed in room 1, even though being disabled,having walking difficulties,I found the room comfortable and had no difficulty showering, everything is to highest standards,even an alarm clock so you don't miss the all day breakfast ( it does last you all day ). We found Nick and Julie very friendly, and very knowledgeable about local history, shops, even parking for the disabled, would definitely recommend Lynwood House and also a visit to Ely Cathedral

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
happygolucky50, Owner at Lynwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We also found it interesting to hear the information you had traced about your family who once lived in the area.
We hope to see you again if you return.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

My husband Paul booked one night at Lynwood House in February due to its close proximity to Midsummer Common as he was taking me to dinner at the Midsummer House Restaurant to celebrate my 50th birthday. We arrived with just 35 minutes to spare before our booking at the restaurant so time was limited. However, the owners quickly showed us where to park in a side street and helped to carry our bags to our room, number 5. This was spacious with a particularly gorgeous shower room with a double sink, double shower, huge mirror and great lighting. I was concerned that, as the room faces the main road, it was rather noisy but I needn’t have worried as the bed was so comfortable, I was asleep in minutes. Breakfast was delicious, I had the full English and Paul had the smoked haddock with poached egg. This was followed by plenty of toast with jams and marmalades. We had an excellent stay – the hosts were lovely, the accommodation excellent and the breakfast yummy. Couldn’t wish for anything more and will definitely stay here again if needing an overnight stop in Cambridge. Incidentally it is only 15 minutes walk from the main shopping areas. Real value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue C
happygolucky50, Owner at Lynwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Thank very much for your informative review, we hope it will be helpful to other trip advisor users.
It was a pleasure to be part of making your birthday a special one.

Reviewed 22 January 2012

This was one of the nicest B and Bs I've been to and I've been to a lot. Pleasantly serene, freshly painted decor in blue-y grey and sandy colours throughout - more what you'd expect in a place calling itself a Boutique Hotel than a B and B but without the terrifying price to go with it. Our room in the eves was great - nice and big (actually we took a family room for just us) and the bed supremely comfortable. It's run by a lovely, friendly (but not in an exhausting way) couple who cook a really fantastic breakfast: locally sourced bacon, excellent sausage, freshly cooked mushrooms and what seemed to be a freshly made little potato cake (not one of those rock hard deep-fried hash brown things!). Plenty for my partner's veggie cooked breakfast - egg, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, potato cakes. Lovely bread for the toast - with honey /from their own bees/. Yes. It's on quite a busy road and we thought we might be disturbed by traffic but not at all - not sure if it's just not much of a thoroughfare late at night or if the lovely bed just made sure we slept through it. Perhaps if you wanted to be right in the town centre you wouldn't go for this location - but it's a pleasant 15-20 minute walk into town and something more central at this standard would be prohibitively expensive I'd say. Thoroughly recommend this and think it's amazing value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
happygolucky50, Owner at Lynwood House, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

We really appreciate the time you have taken to write a review and share your thoughts on Trip advisor.

Reviewed 20 January 2012

This delightful B&B is located about 15-20 minutes walk from central Cambridge. The room was spacious and lovely, full of character. The hosts were quietly friendly and helpful and the breakfast delicious.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Your feedback is very much appreciated, thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Nick and Julie.

Reviewed 17 December 2011

I was in Cambridge for business and stayed in Lynwood House from 12 to 17 December 2011. Every day I spend in this B&B was full of positive emotions about the hospitality of the hosts, Nick and Julie, the room, the breakfast, the location, etc.

Speaking about the hospitality, Nick was always there to provide me any required assistance, just charting with him was very interesting as he possess deep knowledge and experience in different fields. Julia was so good in preparing the full English breakfast! She was very attentive to all my needs. I was also very touched when, in spite of ordinary times for the breakfast on Saturday being 8:00 a.m., both hosts waked up very much earlier to prepare me the breakfast and organize a taxi.

The breakfast was excellent made out of only natural products provided by the farmers around Cam-bridge. It was really an irresistible option to have the full English breakfast at Lynwood House!

Regarding the location of the house, it was indeed perfect, just 15 walking minutes across the river and a green field to the centre of Cambridge. There were some very good restaurants very close to the house, including “The Old Spring” serving traditional English pub meal, and the Polish Club preparing excellent homemade Polish kitchen.

All the rooms are entirely renovated and equipped with the most recent facilities. It seems that the hosts have thought about an every single detail to make the stay of their gusts the mostly comfortable and enjoyable. What I can also add, the photos on the web site of the house correspond entirely to what one finds in the rooms. I was in Room R4 and my colleague was in Room R2 – exactly what we saw on the web.

I am a regular traveller, spending about 100 days a year in different hotels. I can say without any res-ervations that this was one my best stays. Next time I am in Cambridge, Lynwood House will be the first place I will try to find an accommodation at.

Thank you Nick and Julie!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Trip advisor. Nick and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to see you at Lynwood house again if you return to Cambridge for work or leisure.

Kind regards