“We needed rest and got it in spades!”
Review of Hotel Felix

Hotel Felix
Ranked #9 of 36 Hotels in Cambridge
Reviewed 14 February 2016

We really appreciated the sense of calm which pervaded our weekend stay and the hotel's location slightly out of town ensured peace and tranquillity. Breakfasts were very good and the evening meal was excellent. The staff were unfailingly competent whilst being personable.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Alison H, Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2016

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the quiet, tranquil location. It is also good to hear that you enjoyed the hearty breakfasts and your evening meals in Graffiti. I will of course pass on your comments about our competent and personable staff. we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,245)

Reviewed 14 February 2016

I've stayed jut one night in there, in January 2016 and what I want to mentioned about his hotel is that has very comfortable beds...the restaurant is nice good food and wine...I had some specific diet food request and they were able to adjust their menu as per my request...friendly and helpfull staff...I"ll stay in there next time as well.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Alison H, Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2016

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us and the food and service exceeded your expectations. The garden Terrace is indeed a lovely space to sit outside particularly in the summer months. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 February 2016

I had been slightly disappointed by an earlier visit to Hotel Felix for lunch, but as I had to travel to Cambridge for business and there was a Travelzoo deal available I decided to try an overnight stay and I was very pleased with my choice. I was upgraded to a Premier room despite my late arrival and this was very nice, bathrobes, toiletries etc provided were of a good quality. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was extremely quiet. Breakfast was also very good and serviced over a good time range, 6.30-9.30am. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I am certain I will return. I wished I was not there for business and could have taken advantage of the late checkout of 12pm.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you were upgraded to a Premier room and that you appreciated the good quality bathrobes, toiletries and large Hypnos bed. It is also great to hear that the staff were both friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

The room seemed reasonably spacious with a large bed and complimentary dog biscuits for the pooch. The bathroom wasn't cleaned properly and there was dust and hair, presumably from the cleaner or previous occupant. Apparently the hotel underwent a major refurbishment but this appears to not extended to the shower which had grouting missing and and overall dirty feel to it. Our room service order was taken by the receptionist who was very friendly but seemed to have difficulties taking the order. This was due to a change in the menu which no one had informed her of. She eventually came to our room to give us the most recent menus and to retake our order. The food arrived and was ok, nothing great but ok. The bed was comfortable to sleep on but duck pillows would have added a luxury feel which presumably the hotel is attempting to deliver. Unfortunately the room was draughty due to a faulty latch on the double glazed window. The breakfast was good and so was the coffee. Overall Hotel Felix is a reasonable hotel that needs some attention given to the basics before concerning itself with the decor.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are glad you appreciated the large bed, complimentary dog biscuits and good breakfast but are sorry about the cleanliness of the room and the grout. There also seems to have been an issue with a change in the menu offered which has caused some confusion. We do have a duck down pillows but it seems like foam ones were used by accident. All of these issues are now being addressed and hope we can tempt you to return to Hotel Felix in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

Used Hotel Felix for a big celebration bringing friends family from throughout the UK and staying overnight. The hotel provided a three course sit down meal DJ and entertainment and bar facility. I was delighted by the quality of the food and the service. Wasn't so keen on having to move some guests from their table to clear for a the dance floor. The bar was well run. Entertainment was good and the records were judged appropriately for the crowd there. Those staying over had a good night and reports on rooms was favourable. Our room was beautiful. Breakfast the next morning was around a large table for approx. 20 unfortunately one of my guests was forgotten and his breakfast only arrived after we had all finished eating. Apart from this hiccup I had a great evening. and we have since been back to dine there.

Stayed: March 2015

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your birthday celebration with us and that the rooms, food and entertainment exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 9 February 2016

The hotel is on the outskirts of the city, down a track ! Even though the hotel is modern, the rooms lacked a certain something. Very functional and hot ! ( No air-conditioning). The bathroom was pleasant with a bath and a free standing shower. The breakfast was also reasonable, and the meal in the restaurant to a reasonable standard though a little pricey

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed breakfast and your evening meal in Graffiti. If you can provide me with the details of your stay, I can investigate the temperature in your room.

Reviewed 6 February 2016

Went as a group of 6 for afternoon tea - we didn't stay at the hotel itself. We sat in the main building, which is a nice space. The garden looks sweet and would consider coming back in the summer to sit outside and have a wander around.

The afternoon tea was nice - never had it before, and was a bit heavy on the cake and light on the sandwich for my personal tastes, but the food was good - our initial waiter kindly separated out the vegetarian selection for one of us, and various waitresses checked up on us (for tea top ups) was we ate our way through it all. Scones were lovely - warm and plenty of clotted cream and jam. If I went back I might just have one of these instead.

The room was very warm (I think there was a fire - and it wasn't a cold day). I imagine on a chilly day it would be lovely to come in and toast yourself.

I'd come back to try out the restaurant menu - reception was very friendly. Overall a nice treat.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family