1,348 results
All reviews graffiti restaurant white company lovely hotel junior suite underfloor heating city centre mini bar fresh milk bath and shower reception staff continental breakfast full english quiet location the ground floor plenty of parking enjoyable stay free parking
Reviewed February 16, 2016 via mobile

Second visit to this fantastic hotel,the food is amazing, friendly staff, service is first class, rooms are beautifully clean with everything at hand you would need. Will definately go back for a third time and would recommend, you can not go wrong staying at Hotel Felix.

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alison H, Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2016

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you found the food amazing, the service first class and the rooms beautifully clean. We look forward to welcoming you back again for the third time.

Reviewed February 14, 2016

We really appreciated the sense of calm which pervaded our weekend stay and the hotel's location slightly out of town ensured peace and tranquillity. Breakfasts were very good and the evening meal was excellent. The staff were unfailingly competent whilst being personable.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated the quiet, tranquil location. It is also good to hear that you enjoyed the hearty breakfasts and your evening meals in Graffiti. I will of course pass on your comments about our competent and personable staff. we look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2016

I've stayed jut one night in there, in January 2016 and what I want to mentioned about his hotel is that has very comfortable beds...the restaurant is nice good food and wine...I had some specific diet food request and they were able to adjust their menu as per my request...friendly and helpfull staff...I"ll stay in there next time as well.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Alison H, Manager at Hotel Felix, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2016

Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your afternoon tea with us and the food and service exceeded your expectations. The garden Terrace is indeed a lovely space to sit outside particularly in the summer months. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 11, 2016

I had been slightly disappointed by an earlier visit to Hotel Felix for lunch, but as I had to travel to Cambridge for business and there was a Travelzoo deal available I decided to try an overnight stay and I was very pleased with my choice. I was upgraded to a Premier room despite my late arrival and this was very nice, bathrobes, toiletries etc provided were of a good quality. The bed was very comfortable and the hotel was extremely quiet. Breakfast was also very good and serviced over a good time range, 6.30-9.30am. The staff were very friendly and helpful and I am certain I will return. I wished I was not there for business and could have taken advantage of the late checkout of 12pm.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you were upgraded to a Premier room and that you appreciated the good quality bathrobes, toiletries and large Hypnos bed. It is also great to hear that the staff were both friendly and helpful. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed February 10, 2016

The room seemed reasonably spacious with a large bed and complimentary dog biscuits for the pooch. The bathroom wasn't cleaned properly and there was dust and hair, presumably from the cleaner or previous occupant. Apparently the hotel underwent a major refurbishment but this appears to not extended to the shower which had grouting missing and and overall dirty feel to it. Our room service order was taken by the receptionist who was very friendly but seemed to have difficulties taking the order. This was due to a change in the menu which no one had informed her of. She eventually came to our room to give us the most recent menus and to retake our order. The food arrived and was ok, nothing great but ok. The bed was comfortable to sleep on but duck pillows would have added a luxury feel which presumably the hotel is attempting to deliver. Unfortunately the room was draughty due to a faulty latch on the double glazed window. The breakfast was good and so was the coffee. Overall Hotel Felix is a reasonable hotel that needs some attention given to the basics before concerning itself with the decor.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are glad you appreciated the large bed, complimentary dog biscuits and good breakfast but are sorry about the cleanliness of the room and the grout. There also seems to have been an issue with a change in the menu offered which has caused some confusion. We do have a duck down pillows but it seems like foam ones were used by accident. All of these issues are now being addressed and hope we can tempt you to return to Hotel Felix in the future.